Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Couple more HUGE south Tx bucks

Old 12-15-2004, 05:57 PM

Default RE: Couple more HUGE south Tx bucks

If I am going to pay for my deer, I'd rather buy a nice mount on Ebay. Just as nice and a whole lot cheaper.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:03 PM

Someday, I'd really like to go out west and chase some wild elk, mulies, antelope, whitetail, etc. Those trips out west are big money too, but to me there is no guts or glory to going to a ranch like that in Texas to kill a big buck.
Yes, those are nice bucks. I'm just not impressed.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:06 PM

Some of you guys crack me up, you really do.

Why dosent a 200" free ranging buck impress you?? Just because somebody wants to pay big money to hunt it, dosent make it any less of a trophy and it surely dosent disgrace the animal, although some of you guys must think so. Look at desert bighorn hunts in Mexico, they go for $50-$60,000+, does that mean the bighorns harvested arent "real trophies" because somebody paid big bucks to shoot them??

The husband and wife who killed those king ranch bucks lease a 10,000 acre pasture of the Santa Gertrudes Divison. They hunt long and they hunt hard for their trophies. As far as the buck Mickey shot, well since hes the head guy out there he gets to kill a trophy buck each year for free.

None of the deer that I posted on this thread came from a high fenced ranch. The king ranch is 825,000 acres (1.5 times bigger then Rhode Island) and it is made up of 4 huge chunks of land that take up most of 2 different counties. Now true, deer on King ranch can at times be easy to kill because they recieve very little to absoluty no human pressure. But a buck that scores over 160" is a rare thing. There hard to find/locate and you still have to get within bow range to kill it.

there is no guts or glory to going to a ranch like that in Texas to kill a big buck.
LOL, let one of the cowboys drop you off in the middle of the 300,000 acre Norias division, and lets see how good you are at killing a mature 160"+ buck.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:16 PM

KsHunter:

But one question. If this lady can score on a B&C buck every year, then how hard can the hunting really be? She looks older than my grandma... Maybe I'm wrong, just doesn't seem like fair chase. Just my 2 cents
Actually she dosent get a B&C buck every year, but she does get atleast one each year that most of us would drool over. How does she do it?? Well you ever watch the t.v show DALLAS, with the Ewings, this ladies family is kinda like them. They own ALOT of land in the heart of big buck country and needless to say they have the area to hunt which can produce trophy bucks year after year. The buck she killed was taken in Fair chase conditions on a low fenced ranch. But even if you have 100,000 acres to hunt, finding a B&C buck is a task and its not "to easy" by any means. Her trophy was well earned.........
Old 12-15-2004, 09:29 PM

If I am going to pay for my deer, I'd rather buy a nice mount on Ebay. Just as nice and a whole lot cheaper.
Yowsers, I'd rather kill a basket rack on free public ground then pay those kinda prices.
Hunting is kinda like owning a car. Every body pays to hunt and everybody pays to own/drive a car. Some can only afford to drive a 1973 beetle bug, while others can afford to drive a 2005 ferrari. I dont think the amount of money somebody spends on what they love should be held against them. Its their money and its thier choice.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

$20,000 to take an animals life, What a joke!!!! You couldn't pay me $20,000 to harvest one of these deer! Talk about no respect! No wonder why the anti's are pissed![:'(] This post and all others like it should be deleted.JMO
Old 12-16-2004, 01:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hunting is kinda like owning a car
Maybe for you.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:00 AM

ORIGINAL: TXhighrack

Every body pays to hunt
Everyone pays to hunt? Damn i have been getting a sweet deal all these years. I will admit they are some real nice looking deer but hunting isn't about those who can afford it. One of these deer takin by paying thousands is kind of bitter sweet in my opinion. And i am not just saying this because i am jelous of the deer, believe me i see my fair share of boonies here for free.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

$20,000 to take an animals life, What a joke!!!! You couldn't pay me $20,000 to harvest one of these deer! Talk about no respect! No wonder why the anti's are pissed![:'(] This post and all others like it should be deleted.JMO

Your full of it, if someone told you they were going to give you a free hunt on one of these big ranches that have a low fence and then were going to pay you 20000$ to shoot a big deer your bags would be packed so fast it would scare you and dont say you wouldnt because you would
Old 12-16-2004, 07:26 AM

$20,000 to take an animals life, What a joke!!!! You couldn't pay me $20,000 to harvest one of these deer! Talk about no respect! No wonder why the anti's are pissed! This post and all others like it should be deleted.JMO
Sorry to have to point this out, but your post is simply rediculous.

Quick Reply: Couple more HUGE south Tx bucks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.