Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whats your opinion

Old 12-11-2004, 07:09 PM

Default whats your opinion

first off I am kind of new here so if this should be on another area I am sorry also I would like to say that I am not putting and bow manufactures down. I was reading an aticle about this and was wondering what everyones opinion is. Ok in the last few years Bowtech has taken the lead in technology/speed development and quality and IMO mathews has been right with them if not neck in neck but what I read is that some people are getting bored with mathews because in fact mathews was the leading developers in the one cam system and its was and has been an amazing system but thats all they have done and I read that its felt that with all the new technology one cam bows are going to become a thing of the past with most cam timing and rotation problems almost nonexistenced now I think the cam 1\2 designs are taken the lead and 2 cam bows. so the question is with mathews sticking to their on cam bows are they going to get left behind. Now I would like to hear opinions because I am in the market for a new bow in the near future and I feel that most bows on the market are well made and of good quality I just am having a hard time deciding between Bowtech mathews,hoyt. are my three top picks
Old 12-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whats your opinion

"Ok in the last few years Bowtech has taken the lead in technology/speed development and quality "......

WOW, you're gonna get alot of folks that don't agree with that statement at all!!! [:'(] You have the "speed" thing right but I personally don't agree with the overall quality being better? From what I have seen I don't feel that they are yet on the same level of fit and finish details that Hoyt and Mathews are. Of course, this is just another bowhunters opinion. I also realize though that I haven't seen their new line-up either???
Old 12-11-2004, 07:34 PM

Don't really know what one's faster or better developed.
But what I,ve got is an 10 year old darton excell shooting 63 lbs. with carbon arrows only shoots 220 fps. and it did a fine job for me tipped with 100gr. Muzzy's...lol

Old 12-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW...... a decade old bow!!! Man, that thing is practically a "classic"! That thing has got to feel like a relic when compared to anything modern???? One thing is for sure, you don't even know what you missin' bud! Seriously, that's neat that someone would like their machine that much to actually WANT to shoot it that long, good for you!
Old 12-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

Snowman69, I am using 2 bows, an XI Force One and A Parker Hunter Mag. Both bows are shooting around 260ft/sec. Couple of points here, #1 I don't need all the silencing crap on my bows because I shoot a heavy arrows 489grs that include a 130gr 4 blade muzzy. And still get 260ft/sec. Does this set up work? A ram at 55yds and no range finder! And many elk! Both these bows are single cam bows. #2, I used twin cam bows for years and a single cam bow is easier to tune. If you go super high speed and many guys are, you will beat up your bow limbs, and stretch your strings so you have to retune and replace strings before I will. And the price you will pay for a bow will be a lot more than I would pay. You will not be able to kill them any more dead than I can. You asked for opinions, this is mine.
Gselkhunter
Old 12-11-2004, 08:38 PM

thanks gselkhunter, honest answer, so waht your telling me is that no matter what anyone tells me one cam bows are just easier to to tune and will stay in tune longer, also they will be easier on the limbs and string
Old 12-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your right snowman,mathews is sticking with the one cam and bowtech has the single cam,dual cam,and hybrid cam(equalizer cam),and hoyt has the cam and half.I truley believe they all have their own qualities people like.Thats why archery is a individual sport,what feels good in my hands might not in yours or vise-versa.
You are also right about the one cam bows being left behind,but not by everyone of course.People want to try new things and advertising sells people on these ideas.I do believe people like to follow one another on whats the best out there.In certain areas hoyt is the HOT seller,and others Mathews or bowtech.
The 3 choices you made are good ones but their are alot of other excellent companys out there,give them an honest try and make your decision on your feelings for the bow,not someone elses.If the bow isn't of high quality then the bow company oviously wouldent still be around with the demand of todays shooters.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Extreme1 is 100% correct and I couldn't agree with anyone more .By choosing out of the top 3 companies your gonna find what you want you won't go wrong with either of these companies .

I like all 3 of these choices,and shot them all. The BowTech Patriot Dually was my choice this time ,and I'm sure it will be my choice the next time as well.Every year I think BowTech comes up with more choice's for the consumer to choose from, than the other's do ,but again this is just my opinion .But you definetly won't go wrong with these 3 companies.

nubo
Old 12-11-2004, 10:20 PM

Ok the next thing I am curious about is I have heard nothing bad about hoyt yet I was reading one of my bowhunting mags and mathews hade an article bashing hoyts cam and a 1\2 saying that it wasn't very good and the timing was way off etc. why would a respectable company like mathews do that.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:26 AM

Cause it was true and Hoyt called out the One cam.............

Quick Reply: whats your opinion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.