Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your close, but no cigar story

Old 12-09-2004, 06:42 PM

Default RE: Your close, but no cigar story

It was in mid november this year and I was sitting about 30yrds from a friend of mine who was calling for me. and we though we had the perfect set up we were about 75yrds from the edge of wildlife habitat land which is amazing land that produces bige deer we used to be able to hunt it but the owner never made any money farming it so he gave it to the wildlife federation, anyways after about an hour of calling I see my friend jesturing a huge deer was on his way down the trail towards me this deer was the widest buck I have ever seen his antlers could have made arms for a chair for two or three large men(no lie) anways I new he would be coming down the trail so I started preparing myself for the kill when he pulled a fast one on us what we though was a large thick group willows that were behind me he actually had a small trail going through them which we had no idea was there well he used it and then out of nowhere out the corner of my eye I see him come out of the willows only ten yards from me and ther was nothing I could do I had my back to him and he was about to wind me which he did and we haven't seen him since I guess they don't get that big for falling for our tricks twice. so now I assume he is living happy and comfortably in the sanctuary of his posted land.[:@]
Old 12-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Your close, but no cigar story

Great stories, I think I feel the worst for rangerstud having to let him walk and hearing the dreadful bang.