Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Owls in my hunting spot HELP!!

Old 12-06-2004, 10:10 PM

Default Owls in my hunting spot HELP!!

Hi guys been a whitetail bow hunter for years, this year I set up in a great spot at the edge of some pines. the only problem I got is as soon as sun goes down I gotta fight all kinds of owls. This is a good spot for deer and I don't want to give it up. Any ideas on loosing the owls it's affecting my hunting.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Owls in my hunting spot HELP!!

well you should not be in the tree after the sun goes down it is not legal to deer hunt at night
Old 12-06-2004, 11:21 PM

WE CAN HUNT HALF HOUR AFTER SUNSET AND BEING IN THE PINES ITS DARK EVEN EARLIER. I DO NOT HUNT ILLEGALLY
Old 12-07-2004, 12:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Are they attacking you or what? Owls in the area I would think would put a deer at ease. Owls will not hang around if they see you or they get spooked. When you can here owls hooting then all is well in the woods.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

What are they doing to you ? I like owls around,never had a problem. WHOOOOOOOOOOOO knows
Old 12-07-2004, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

bigbulls, thanks for the "all is well" info about the owls. I had no idea![8D]
Old 12-07-2004, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't understand how the owls are affecting your hunting. They should have no impact what so ever.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

If they perch above you, they'll just add a little to your cammo pattern.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:00 AM

Owls are curious by nature. They will inspect a lot of things in the woods, especially 200lb. guys hanging 20 feet in the air from a tree they know didn't have that big blob on it a while ago.

I have been visited a lot by owls. Sometimes when they are close it is scary, but I have yet to be injured by them.

Make sure you are waering your safty harness, when an owl or other big bird flys in and lands near you, it can freak you out! Don't fall!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had owls attack me on a couple of different occaisions. So that's one way they could affect your hunting. I have had them swoop at me repeatedly even after standing up and waiving my arms at them so they don't always get spooked when they see you. Somtimes it just pisses them off[:@]

Quick Reply: Owls in my hunting spot HELP!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.