Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

We got a Jumper!!!!

Old 12-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default We got a Jumper!!!!

Today was the last day of gun season here in Ohio. So I am on my way home today and my cell phone rings, its my wife telling me I need to turn around because a deer just ran out in front of her. So I am thinking that ok she hit a deer, right but no I get there she tells me she's driving down the road crossing a bridge and a doe jumps out in front of her heading straight towards her van, she slams on the breaks, the deer is just inches away and what does it do it jumps like 7 feet in the air and jumps away but not into the field across the road it jumps right over the BRIDGE. Which is a overpass to a highway. I thought holy crap so we go over the hill towards the highway and there it is laying there dead. My wife enjoys hunting and has gone out with me but she hasn't been able to get her deer but the last day of gun season she gets it................a suicide doe
Old 12-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: We got a Jumper!!!!

HAHA. You should have been here a couple weeks ago. There's a railroad overpass that goes over a highway, right before it goes into a town. I guess a train was coming because 3 or 4 does jumped over the side and landed on a cars windshield. How would you like to be that guy?
Old 12-05-2004, 08:50 PM

That happened here in MN a few years ago down by the cities. It was about a 6 point buck and it jumped off an overpass and ended up in the passenger seat of an SUV. Nobody was hurt thankfully but I think the person probably had to change there shorts though.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I watched 2 deer jump off an overpass in the spring. One died when it landed on the guardrail below, the other needed put down after breaking its legs.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's agreat story ,she never even got her hand's dirty . I guess this deer would sooner kill itself than have to deal with your wife LOL.

nubo
Old 12-06-2004, 01:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I got 2 deer that way 3 years ago they to jumped off a overpass
Old 12-06-2004, 06:45 AM

Never had that happen yet. I did have my doe this year jump over a gorge and into the rock bottom creek, she still didn't die....
Old 12-06-2004, 08:22 AM

That's sad[]. So close to the end of the season too. Had she just the strength to go another day she would be free. I guess the OH firearm season really stresses the deer.

On a side note, Next the peta group will have all bridges and overpassed abolished.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:03 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: OHBowhunter

My wife enjoys hunting and has gone out with me but she hasn't been able to get her deer but the last day of gun season she gets it................a suicide doe
Are you sure that it wasn't a Kamikaze doe out to get your wife ?
Maybe it was just clumsy in the attempt ?
Old 12-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

On a side note, Next the peta group will have all bridges and overpassed abolished.
Ha ha. "I'd rather be naked than cross a bridge"

Quick Reply: We got a Jumper!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.