Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What has bow hunting taught you besides bow hunting?

Old 12-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What has bow hunting taught you besides bow hunting?

Being patient But Comming to realize i will never learn it all. And giving thanks for that i have.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:46 AM

love your posts guys....

LOL @ Mikey S.'s
Old 12-06-2004, 11:01 AM

Patience and learning that you don't have to shoot a deer to have a successful hunt. Just enjoy the time in the woods.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:14 AM

Bowhunting has made me realize that I very much want to retire,...........NOW!

Since I've been into bowhunting these past two years, I've learned that I don't have time for work.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know about anybody else, but if I put in a lot of time, effort, early mornings, cold, days, wet days and I return home empty handed, I get kind of cranky. Sometimes I wanna quit and sell my bow to the first gypsie that walks down the road. But on the flip side of the coin PikeTipper, you're right. The days you don't get one, are the days you really learn what went wrong. You learn, you move your stand, and just when you're ready to give up, you get to make one leak!
ORIGINAL: PikeTipper

Patience and learning that you don't have to shoot a deer to have a successful hunt. Just enjoy the time in the woods.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:31 PM

I learned how to relax and watch nature, not necessarily to kill a deer every time I go out. I think that the 1/16th Cherokee Indian I have In me may have sparked the whole Experience.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Patience.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunting has taught me many things, some of which were covered by Mikey S. on the first page. But mostly, I've learned that just being there is what makes it so special. I've learned that there's nothing more relaxing than sitting in my stand on a cool clear morning watching wildlife go through their daily routine. To me, taking a deer home with me is an added bonus.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've learned if you make something, paint it camo and market it as a surefire way to a trophy buck -whether it works or not- SOMEBODY will buy it and swear they couldn't hunt without it.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

I learned the life needs of many different animals of the Rocky Mountains. I've learned the plant life at many elevations. I have learned by watching others that all the new high tech junk on a bow gets in the way up here and because of that, I am out hunting while they are back at camp retuning. I have learned that a range finder doesn't shoot arrows well when a bull comes in quick! Seriously I learned that practice not gadgets make the bowhunter good.
Gselkhunter

Quick Reply: What has bow hunting taught you besides bow hunting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.