Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Aggrevating Situation

Old 12-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Aggrevating Situation

ORIGINAL: Idaho hunter 58

Lol that was pretty damn funny. Sorry, but you need to cool down.

Cool down? Probably so.
You're joking right???
Probably not.

Getting a little lost or a neighbor nudging the line a little is one thing.

Somebody promoting shooting across the line where my family lives, cuts wood, or may be hunting ourselves is completely different. Start preaching about me being greedy to expect interlopers to stay on thier own side of the fence and think I'm joking?

That kind of thinking will get somebody hurt.

Better just think I'm greedy and about half crazy. Ya never know what a guy like that might do. Better stay off his property.

Now THAT'S smart think'n.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:12 AM

Boy, I take the night away from this exciting stuff and all heck breaks loose.

In response to the interesting opinions of Quicksilver.

In summary I think this is how you stand. I should lease or buy a piece of dirt just big enough to place a stand right on your property line. Then I can build a ladder or a gate across your fence. Finally, fill all my tags and the tags of any of my friends during bow or gun season with game I shoot across your fence. No worries about stray bullets or any thing like that to cloud my thoughts. Being that Deer are free and it is OK to shoot and collect my game on your land this sounds good to me.

Post your land address here and lets let some of your 1,000,000 other PA hunters set up camp on your property line and see how long it takes for you to change your tune.

Hope you have a good season, and that is no B.S, but not sure on how you have come to think these ethics are what makes a good hunter.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not illegal. Property owners have an action in trespass at their disposal, should they pursue it. It is not illegal per se to trespass. Learn your local laws before you shoot.
People hunt in and around my property, and I have no problem so long as they respect the safety zones and hunt safely. So I don't care, maybe I'm the minority here.

Not unethical. I can shoot into my neighbor's ground without a second thought, as I am a permittee. I think of myself as a pretty ethical guy.
What in the blazes are you talking about?[&:]
It IS illegal here! It IS unethical anywhere! Are you saying you shoot deer on your neighbors land from your land without permission? That is what we're talking about. If you do I'd suggest reevaluating your ethics.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Bowfanatic did you have to reply to my post as if I was the one to make that comment? I think in the year I've been here I have proven I can get myself in my own hot water.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

No , that wasn't in reply to your post. I dont know why it says that sometimes.

For the record...My reply was not in response to anything Fieldmouse said , did , or even thought!