Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Aggrevating Situation

Old 12-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Aggrevating Situation

Who really cares if someone shoots a deer on your property. Obviously, nobody wants trespassers wandering around, but if they're hunting from their own ground, and shoot into yours, who really cares?
Who cares? Everyone I know! It's illeagal here , not to mention unethical!

I cannot believe some of these replies.[] A few months ago everyone here would have supported your dilema.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Who really cares if someone shoots a deer on your property. Obviously, nobody wants trespassers wandering around, but if they're hunting from their own ground, and shoot into yours, who really cares?
I care. Nobody has the right to shoot in to or across my property with out my knowledge and consent. Do it and if I see it I'll be shooting back.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver
The problem is most easily solved if you get off your hind end, and go tag out before they do. Then all is well.
That doesn't change a thing.

YOU get off YOUR hind end and earn the $$$ it takes to buy this land and shoot on it as you see fit and quit trying to glom on to people who've paid their own way.

Stay off my land and don't shoot into it.

I'll shoot back.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Dominant Buck

If I were you I wouldn't freak out. Number one I hunt many of times 70 yrds apart. It's required because you never know what direction deer will take at the crossroads. Two, use this to your advantage. see about getting access on the next property. Explain that there may be days both of you want to hunt there and to give them room rather then competeing for the same deer you would prefer to look for another spot to hunt but your limited and would like to cross over. Three I doubt you two would meet very often. If you do your hunting one spot too much.

Good luck
Old 12-06-2004, 04:34 PM

I by no means am suggesting that you should be okay with someone shooting a deer on your property without your permission. My point is that you are jumping to conclusions as to what his intentions are just because he is set up on the property line. If you are really concerned, then confront the guy and make sure that he knows how strong you feel about it. But don't automatically condemn and convict the guy just because he set up on a property line.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fieldmouse,

I appreciate your reply. I have other stand locations on the property and I try not to overhunt any one location. My concern was that I didn't want anyone shooting deer that were on our property. Mike42, if you saw the stand setup, you'd understand what I'm talking about. Our piece of propery is approx 500 acres with less than half of that being huntable. The surrounding piece is approx 1500 acres. There are 5 of us that paid to lease the propery. Me, my father, my brother-in-law, and two of my cousins. We all have our stand setups that each of us hunt. We try to limit our movement throughout the property to reduce pushing deer off of the property. I just get aggrevated to think that each one of us has spent hard earned $$$ to hunt this piece of land, and to think that someone would setup right on the property line and hang stands facing our property. As I stated in my first post, I tried to determine why someone would hang a stand there. To me, it's obvious what they're doing and I don't appreciate it. Nevertheless, I would never jump on the guy without discussing the whole situation first. There could still be some sort of explanation, but I seriously doubt it.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Who cares? Everyone I know! It's illeagal here , not to mention unethical!
Not illegal. Property owners have an action in trespass at their disposal, should they pursue it. It is not illegal per se to trespass. Learn your local laws before you shoot.
People hunt in and around my property, and I have no problem so long as they respect the safety zones and hunt safely. So I don't care, maybe I'm the minority here.

Not unethical. I can shoot into my neighbor's ground without a second thought, as I am a permittee. I think of myself as a pretty ethical guy.

YOU get off YOUR hind end and earn the $$$ it takes to buy this land and shoot on it as you see fit and quit trying to glom on to people who've paid their own way.
I do work, and I do have a piece of land. I do shoot on it as I see fit. Our family has 5 really exceptional gentlemen who hunt on our land. They're relatively poor, and can't afford their own place. We give them free use of a camp, food, heat and electric. I just feel bad because I can't accommodate more guys. Where I live, more and more hunters are being displaced by greedy people like you, and it just isn't right. There are enough deer to go around, so quit crying about a guy sitting by your property line. If I could afford to buy my own gamelands for them, I would.

You greedy hunters have an inferiority complex. Are you that scared that somebody else will get one and you won't??

I care. Nobody has the right to shoot in to or across my property with out my knowledge and consent. Do it and if I see it I'll be shooting back.
Yeah, and you would be going to prison for attempted homicide in any jurisdiction.

I used to take your side on this issue. After a few years of watching and listening, and one extreme case in Wisconsin, ignorant, greedy landowners need to be called out.

This deer greed has gone too far, and I just think that it wouldn't kill you all to let a guy or two wander through your ground without going postal. Obviously, the Angry Landowner's Assoc. has spoken.

Pretty entertaining thread, eh?
Old 12-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

I do work, and I do have a piece of land. I do shoot on it as I see fit. Our family has 5 really exceptional gentlemen who hunt on our land. They're relatively poor, and can't afford their own place. We give them free use of a camp, food, heat and electric. I just feel bad because I can't accommodate more guys.
What you feel bad or guilty about doesn't have a thing to do with what people do with out permission on my land.

Where I live, more and more hunters are being displaced by greedy people like you, and it just isn't right. There are enough deer to go around, so quit crying about a guy sitting by your property line.
Your liberal buzz word doesn't change the simple fact that I worked for paid for and own what I own and if any one wants to make use of it they are obligated by law and simple manners to make that request.

And I have every right to grant or denie it.

It's got nothing to do with greed or not and YOU ARE THE ONE WITH TEARS IN YOUR EYES LOOKING ACROSS MY FENCE LINE.

If I could afford to buy my own gamelands for them, I would.
So quit sitting there crying about it and go to work. Just because you would give away everything you own, so you say, doesn't mean I have to. At least so long as we can keep you whiney liberal commies out of power.

You greedy hunters have an inferiority complex. Are you that scared that somebody else will get one and you won't??
You tell us! You are the lazy greedy little whiner lusting over other people's property to the point you think it's perfectly OK to tresspass and steal the use of it. Tell us. What is it you are afraid of?

Yeah, and you would be going to prison for attempted homicide in any jurisdiction.
You shoot at me.
I'll shoot at you.

Maybe you will turn out right, maybe not. But I'll tell you one thing, YOU won't be going to prison and I won't be going to prison for attempted ANYTHING.

Stay on your own side of the fence and it'll be a moot point.

I used to take your side on this issue. After a few years of watching and listening, and one extreme case in Wisconsin, ignorant, greedy landowners need to be called out.
You are an idiot.

This deer greed has gone too far, and I just think that it wouldn't kill you all to let a guy or two wander through your ground without going postal. Obviously, the Angry Landowner's Assoc. has spoken.
Only thing obvious is you don't own anything and have never worked a day in your life.
Pretty entertaining thread, eh?
Not nearly as entertaining as the day I catch you tresspassing.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:05 PM

Lol that was pretty damn funny. Sorry, but you need to cool down.

Not nearly as entertaining as the day I catch you tresspassing.
You're joking right???
Old 12-06-2004, 09:08 PM
Dominant Buck

John,

Exclude all the argueing back and forth. I understand it gets you pissed off. This year someone decided to develope the field next to my honey hole and someone else was hunting that field this year. I don't even know if he was legal or not. I know he made it on to my property because he left a tree step in one of my trees. Oh well my dreams are smashed. No not really. The deer will still be there and who knows what goes on when your not there. For all you know a few dogs, a mountain lion or a bear could choose to roam through and screw things up. Be patient and things will work out. I've been a few times and had hunters practically walk underneath me stalking deer only to see the deer sneek back the other way after they left. I have also been disrupted hunting when they decided to run the dogs. 1/2 hour later they're gone and the deer start moving.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Aggrevating Situation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.