Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do they touch the rubs with their bare hands?

Old 12-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why do they touch the rubs with their bare hands?

I think most of those videos are about as real as the WWF.

Those guys are Hollywood B...S....er's and showmen putting on a show, not hunters.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

Those guys are Hollywood B...S....er's and showmen putting on a show, not hunters.
LOL-You see it like i do!!
Old 12-06-2004, 07:05 AM

I don't get it either, but then again my friend does the same thing *and he walks on the trails * [:@]
Old 12-06-2004, 09:36 AM

My guess is the shot of the hunter touching the rub is post kill. I believe a lot of the filming is post kill but I don't know for sure. Assuming this is the case it wouldn't really matter if they touched the rub or not.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:43 AM

Hey, take it easy will ya! I plan to be a hunter and fisherman on TV someday! Are you gonna bs about me too??? Sorry if I'm being straight forward, but I'm tired of all you guys killing EVERY hunting show host or model
Old 12-06-2004, 02:02 PM

I touch rubs and add my bodily fluids to scrapes all the time. LOL, however, they are on the neighboring property which is not being hunted and I figure that this will drive some of the deer to my property.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: avid_bowhunter2005
Hey, take it easy will ya! I plan to be a hunter and fisherman on TV someday! Are you gonna bs about me too??? Sorry if I'm being straight forward, but I'm tired of all you guys killing EVERY hunting show host or model
Jack
If you do the same dumb Hollywood crap and promote the same commercial crap they do, what do you think I'm gonna do?

While yer have'n the editors move those shots over in to the kill zone and rearranging a deer's vitals to make an a ss shot in to an a$$ shot, I think sparking bullets would be really cool.

Good luck.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:22 AM

A friend of mine has a local cable TV fishing show. He invites me to be on the show one weekend. So he tells me that we are going out for stripers but he says the way it works is that you don't film the preview of the show until we are done fishing. So we go out on this charter boat that we don't pay for because he's giving this captain plugs on the show. Well the stripers are biting but the sand sharks are, so guess what the show is about. At the end of the day, he does the preview to the show: Welcome, today we are going to be fishing for sand sharks, the action should be good... See how it works.