Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got My Illinois 2004 Archery Buck.. With Pic's

Old 12-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got My Illinois 2004 Archery Buck.. With Pic's

In late November I shot a 8 point buck.........I was hunting the edge of a bedding thicket that is a real pain to sneak into without getting busted. We see more bucks in here checking and chaseing does than anywhere else on the property so far, so it has become our honey hole. He came out of the thicket behind me and walked to a mock scrape I had made behind and to my left and after sniffing it he started walking to the mock scrape in front of me, at one point he walked under me , I had to look through the grate on the bottom of my stand to see him under my feet. I shot him for 25 yards and got a pass through but was questioning my shot since it seemed to hit a bit high.I blood trailed him till the blood ran out and I lost his trail after looking for hours and hours.... We have been back to look for him but didnt find him.... We went back again and went to the other side of the river and I FOUND HIM ... but the coyotes found him first[:'(][:@] So the meat was a total loss And the meat and hide were spoiled so I couldnt even cape him for a shoulder mount.... I will do a real nice skull mount of him
Now we didnt have the camera with us but we did take the video camera so we got video footage of myself with my 8 point buck.........
HELP....Does anyone know where I can take the video footage and have them make photo,s from the video footage ??????????????
We did get some camera photos at home of myself with the buck head but we really want pics of me with the buck in the woods from the video footage.... My hubby took some really nice video footage.
After I spoke to Sony Tech I found out that my camcorder dosent work with computer ( its probably 8 years old) so I cant video link it... and to have a still pic made from the footage from a Video Production Company would cost a pretty pennie.
So we took some home head pics...... we even placed the buck head on a doe my husband took the next day on Illinois 2nd Shotgun season with his muzzleloader ... we wanted a pic that wasnt just a head pic.
They look alright but not the best... but OH WELL

Its been an awesome season, this year... I have taken A Turkey with my Bow, A 160 lb Doe with my bow and a 8 Point Buck with my bow.
There is still a massive typical very symetrical gorgeous 8 pointer whose main beams hook up severly on both sides I have seen on 4 occasions in the same bedding thicket and the closest he was to me was 27 yards but he has yet to offer a clean shot at him.... I hope to meet up with him again in the late season
Old 12-03-2004, 12:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got My Buck ... Need Pic Help

Walgreens??? Wish I could be more help , but I'd try Walgreens first , it seems like they do everything else with film/photos.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

BOWFANATIC;

I will start with calling them first.

Thankyou
Old 12-03-2004, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

Had almost the same thing happen a couple of years ago. Big 5 1/2 year old six point. Hit him a bit back and had to wait. Coys got to him but only the best roasts.

Might want to check with local geeks (CompUSA, etc.). Video capture is a big deal in high-tech. Depends on your own system. Sonic software lets you capture from a direct feed from vid cam.

Good luck.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks MassHntr;
If the Local Walgreens Or Photo shops and Pro Photographers are of no help then Ill try what you said.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

How about loading it to www.huntingfootage.com
Old 12-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just added some pics that I just got back
Old 12-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had me fooled... I saw the pic first and didn't realize the head wasn't attached until you told me...

Sounds like a great year. No woner you're wearing such a nice smile...
Old 12-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Shame about the yotes but like above, I was fooled by the pictures...very well thought out and done. Congrats regardless.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got My Illinois 2004 Archery Buck.. With Pic's

congrats.

Quick Reply: Got My Illinois 2004 Archery Buck.. With Pic's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.