Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got My Illinois 2004 Archery Buck.. With Pic's

Old 12-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got My Illinois 2004 Archery Buck.. With Pic's

Congrats Lady Forge on the buck.To bad about the coyotes getting to your deer before you though.Sounds like you had an awesome season and good luck with the BIG 8 point during the late season,hope you can get him
Old 12-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats, he's a nice buck. Too bad about the meat. When I looked at the pics the first time I didn't even notice it was separate. Good job.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a pic of the nice doe we used for some of the pics...... I have to give her some credit.... If it hadnt been for her I would of had nothing but head shots.
Was kinda funny that the day before he shot her I had found the perfect spot at the base of a tree that was growing 6 large trunks at the base with a hole just my size to sit inside it and have all the trunks hide me so I could video tape his hunt. But alas nothing came in range . I was tired the next morning after being up at 3:00am for 3 mornings in a row that I decided to pass on video tapeing his hunt the next morning, so he decided he liked the spot I had used for video tapeing so much that he set up there on the ground with my little tree seat you just strap to a tree and had this doe come to 30 yards in front of him when he shot her and he said her button buck walked by him at not 10 feet and never even saw him..... I told him " Can I pick a spot or what "
He said that is the closest he has ever shot a deer with the muzzleloader and the Button Buck was the closest a deer has ever come to him.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations, and sorry about the yotes.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice deer lady
Old 12-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a nice buck!!! Congrats!!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat's to you lady forge ,your husband and yourself have had a great season thus far and it sound's as though your not finished yet ,that's a fine looking buck you've taken and your not so bad yourself LOL I'm just kidding, I don't want your husband hunting me LOL. I've read all your post's this season ,I just wish my season was half as good as your's .
Sorry to hear the coyote's got to your meat ,every now and then that happen's ,I've had it happen myself, and it sure tick's me off to find a waste like that .
nubo
Old 12-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great kill. Way to stay after looking for him. Many would have given up. Way to go!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there Nubo ..... It Will Get Better For You.....
I know last year didnt pan out for me the way I wished it had.
I know it seems to make you feel so low sometimes when you feel youve practiced and practiced and finetuned and fiddled till the bow shoots perfectly and put forth so much hard work and time.... just to get skunked But there is light at the end of the tunnel........ just sometimes its not sooner than later. Getting skunked by the bucks one year makes you really all that more apreciative of what good ole mother nature and god are giving to you when you finally get that animal or just have an awesome day in the woods.
Just hang in there
Old 12-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the buck and a great season. I'm sure the yotes appreciate your efforts. [&:] Doesn't sound like you guys are hurting for meat this year though.

Quick Reply: Got My Illinois 2004 Archery Buck.. With Pic's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.