Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting partners?

Old 12-02-2004, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting partners?

I hunt with the same 5 or 6 guys bow and gun hunting for like 5 years now! During bow we all have our own spots and we all meet up afterwards and see how each other did! During gun we have different areas as well that we hunt. I never really sit with any one except my kid! If one guy is the only one who made it out that day he sure gets alot of cell phone calls afterwards to see how he did! I do go out alot of times solo because I have alot of free time on my hands Nov and Dec, . My work traditionaly slows for a few weeks and I don't mind! Good Luck!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:22 AM

My grandfather was my first hunting partner. He started me out when I was 4. But he passed on to the greater hunting grounds after a long battle with cancer when I was 12. My Dad wasn't much of the hunting type, so I kind of fell away from it for awhile.

My Dad-n-law (Joe) is now my hunting partner and confidant. We've been hunting together for the last 8 years. We also race cars, go on motorcycle trips, fish, and otherwise get roudy together. I have quite a few friends that I hunt with, but I would not consider them my hunting partner. Joe is the one that got me back into hunting along with Cowboy shooting and Civil War skirmishing. We're very close, like best friends.

When I got my first big Axis buck this year, Joe was right there and saw the entire episode (even though I didn't know he was watching). He was just as excited as I was and we looked like two kids at Christmas.

I couldn't ask for a better person to share my experiences with.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only really hunting partner i have had is my dad, he has taken me hunting since i was able to walk and taught me everthing i know now and if it wasnt for him who knows if i would be intersted in the sport of hunting (probally not). I do hunt on my own quite a bit now though, but will finish the year up with my dad bowhunting a nice chunck of land to try and get the big boy!!
Old 12-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt with my uncle, and my best friend. He and my uncle get along great, we are a great trio in the woods as well. The newby who is my best friend keeps our feet on the ground and lets us see the overlooked spots we wouldnt hunt for some reason
Old 12-02-2004, 01:11 PM

My boyfriend.

He is the one that turned me on to hunting last year and bought me my first gun. He also didn't push the subject with me, he just answered my questions and asked if I would like to try it... I said, sure, I'll try it, I'll try anything once. My first couple of trips out, he sat with me, we put two stands in one tree, I hunted a couple of other times last year with him, but in a different stand across the woods. Last year his brother in law came down from Michigan to stay and hunt a couple of days, we went out together, in different stands also, but my bf is my partner in all things, hunting, life, comradery, friendship, everything!

This year we invested in a wonderful and comfortable buddy stand so we could experience each other's hunts together. He was with me when I shot my 7 ptr, standing right beside me as I took him down, just as he was there last year when I shot my buck. Although I didn't have another tag and I had already bagged my one alotted buck, I sat with him on his hunts as well and was there when he harvested his doe this year.

As someone else said, it is just as exciting when someone you love gets a kill as when you get it, it's an awesome thing to share with the ones you love, friends OR family members.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:42 PM

My friend got me into bowhunting a few years ago. I hunt mostly with him and his dad and a couple of guys his dad works with. He have a blast. I know a lot of you guys like to hunt alone, but I would rather not. I love being able to share the experience of the hunt as soon as possible. Also the commraderie (sp?) that goes along with it.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

My hunter partners are my dad(52) and my best friend Adam (21). I've been hunting with these guys since i started at age 12 and wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

My dad is my hunting partner since I started. He's getting a little wierd on me though and sadly is really losing interest in hunting at all. I've done some things to try and keep it interesting or exciting for him, but I really don't know what else to do. I've hunted alone more the past 2 seasons than I have my entire life. He's still real excited when I get one, but there is just no fire at all for him. Its sad to see what he's turned into, without understanding why.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:01 PM

Glad to see all the replies.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:40 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

My son and my boss are my only hunting partners. Boss only rifle hunts.

I do team up with a guy I work with but not to hunt with him. We share all scouting reports and sightings. We help each other out in this reguard but stay out of each others areas. Works quite well so the other one isn't messing the other's area up for bow hunting. He takes his scouting and hunting as serious as I do.

I've hunted with a group during rifle season for the last 10 years but that ends this year. Landlord and his relatives of my boss's. More to help them out then wanting to hunt with them. They only hunt by driving deer. They will not hunt any other way. I just push for them and plan the drives so they get their deer fast. I can also keep them out of my and the other guy's bowhunting spots. If left on their own, they are a disaster. Mean to say but true. They will push every deer off the boss's land and still not get their deer. Also it keeps the boss happy so he doesn't have to deal with them. Boss does give me a week off to make up for lost weekends of hunting with them. We both benefit so can't really complain. Son's old enough to rifle hunt next year and will be my ticket out of that situation since Tyler will only have weekends off from school.

Otherwise, I like hunting solo. Always have and always will.

Tim

Quick Reply: Hunting partners?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.