Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker bisket

Old 12-11-2004, 06:01 PM

Default RE: whisker bisket

My son and I both started using them this after using drop aways. We both love them. It was really nice to not have to worry about your arrow while holding your bow and before shooting. I bought one this month for my other bow. Just to let everyone know Weaknecht Archery who has a web site sells them cheaper than any place I could find at $39.95 for the QS Drop Tine.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:24 PM

Blodg,
I am glad to hear that we are on the same page when it comes to bow tiller. The hole in the center of the biscuit is only a few thousandths larger than the arrowshaft, so the biscuit is probably has more in common with a gun barrel then the rests you are used to using. Any added flexing of the arrow shaft as it goes through the rest is only going to insure more shaft and fletching contact with the rest. Presenting the arrow to the rest from the 90degree position on the bowstring should on the other hand, provide the least amount of fletching contact with the rest.

I tested the new B-2 biscuit this last spring with a Hooter-Shooter to hold the bow. At 35yards shooting the same arrow 12 times in a row, the arrow hit the same hole 12 times. A good target rifle with a scope would not have done any better than that!

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 12-12-2004, 07:24 AM

I have used th WB for 2 seasons now and love it. It's great for hunting.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:55 PM

I am really pleased with the WB.
I shoot an XTec and shoot 1 inch groups consistently.
The only complaint i would have is that the WB is very hard on fletching.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:15 AM

Standsnblinds; I just started useing the WB this season and I'll never use any other rest again!! Replacing fletching once in a while is very minimal to having your arrow falling off of your rest while the biggest buck of your life walks right by you!!! The very best thing about them I think is if you are hunting from an elevated tree stand---the arrow holds perfect--and it's one less thing you have to worry about as you're at full draw waiting for the animal to get within shooting distance. My Parker and WB are a permanent partner for life!!!....
Old 12-13-2004, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

love mine

it does put some wear on the feathers, but I can live with that. they still shoot fine with the wear. I might have to replece the fletch on my practice arrows every year or 2. no big deal.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:55 AM

I forgot to add that now that the season is winding down in some areas archery supplys are going on sale. I just won the bid on a brand new drop tine WB Camo on EBAY for $19.95 with $3.95 shipping---can't beat that deal with a stick!!!! This is the perfect time of year to start picking up your next years supplys----for a huge discount compared to what you'll have to pay before the next season starts again!!!! Sorry if it sounds like I'm pushing EBAY down anyones throat but I've gotten some amazing deals through there for far less than is possible at any store out there----even on their sale prices!!!!! Just type in Archery Accessories and check out all the deals they have.