Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker bisket

Old 12-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: whisker bisket

I think your friends are either misinformed or just making stuff up. Why would they effect the arrow on shots past 30 yards? It's not like the arrow would say "well, here's 30 yards I think I will turn to the right this time". Once the arrow leaves the bow nothing on that bow has any effect on the arrow. Educate your friends.

They are a great no nonsence rest that has no moving parts to fail or break.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:36 PM

Great rest.

I have zero complaints.

Accurate, silent, solid, simple, holds arrow, and is easy to adjust.

What else is there??

I shoot mine on a Bowtech Patriot with no trouble.

Both my brothers got them this year and they are completely satisfied.

The only one that didn't care for my WB is the buck I used it on
Old 12-11-2004, 05:18 AM
Spike

After reading dozens of reviews I installed the Drop Tine QD on my older PSE and couldn't be more pleased. I have not experienced additional vane wear, noticeable drop in f.p.s., or an increase in noise level. My groups improved at the range but on stand is where the WB shines. My new bow will wear a biscuit.
heel
Old 12-11-2004, 05:24 AM

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, bigbulls. Giving my friends, who do come back with elk every year, as much credit as possible, what I'm thinking they meant was that it affects trueness every time, but it takes a longer shot for them to notice it. Seems to me a paper test would answer the question. Either way, like I said, I'm going to get a WB.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2004, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use one also and i love it i couldnt beleive how easy it was to get tuned for me...i used to use a flipper type rest and the reason i bought the whisker bisket is cause i had a chance a big buck and my arrow fell of the rest[&:]...not no more... great rest i highly recommend it
Old 12-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

I JUST GOT ME A WB THIS PAST YEAR AND HAVE NOT P[UT IT ON... MY LOCAL BOW SHOP TOLD NOT TO EVEN BOTHER WITH IT. BUT I HAD GOTTEN ONE ANYWAY FROM ALL THE GOOD REVIEWS I AM GOIN TO HAVE IT ON AT THE END OF THIS SEASON ALONG WITH MY NEW SIGHTS
Old 12-11-2004, 10:11 AM

Well I am in the minority that did not care for the Whisker Biscuit. As mentioned above, the simple design and ability to hold the arrow are great benefits for bowhunting and I was excited to try it out. I bought one and before installing it I shot 5 ends at a target face with field points and kept score of my arrows and marked the size of the groups. I then installed the WB, checked the flight through a paper test, shot a few arrows to adjust the sights, and shot 5 more ends at 20 yards. My groups were definately worse and my score was several points lower. I was a little bit concerned that maybe fatigue had caused my shooting form to slip a little so I the next day I repeated the test but this time I shot the first 5 ends with the WB. I then switched the rest back to my normal rest and shot 5 ends and the score/groups were again worse with the WB. I repeated this a couple more times over the next few days and every time I shot slightly worse with the WB.

The WB does not allow the proper "archers paradox" and there is obviously fletching contact each shot. I have my normal rest setup for zero fletching contact and I think that for those that demand the absolute in accuracy the WB may not the best choice. At 20 yards I don't shoot at the same spot, but if I did all my arrows are normally touching each other. With the WB my groups were probably 3" in diameter, not terrible but I am not willing to compromise ANY accuracy.

Now having described my situation above, I do think the WB may be one of the best choices for the average hunter. I shot target archery for years and I am probably more critical of performance. And I suppose maybe the slight loss in accuracy is worth it to obtain the other benefits of the rest?
Old 12-11-2004, 12:33 PM

Blodg,
So in your test you did not even the tiller of the bow, and you did not move the nock point so the arrow was 90degrees to the bowstring, you shot whatever arrows you used to shoot regardless of spine and prior rest requirements.

And the whisker biscuit still managed to give you a 3" group at 20yards.

Imagine what the results would have been if you tuned the bow to work with the biscuit instead of against it.

Good luck hunting >>>------------>
Old 12-11-2004, 01:15 PM

Arrowman, my tiller is always set even top and bottom. But no I did not adjust the nock point and yes I did use the same arrows. Arrow spine specifications are based on your draw weight, cam type, and arrow length. I have never heard of having to change the spine of your arrow depending on what rest you are shooting. But I do believe that a stiffer arrow would fly better with the WB because it does not allow the arrow to bend properly under the force of the launch. A properly spined arrow is SUPPOSED to bend at launch and the WB does not allow it.

I don't remember the instructions saying to adjust the nock to 90 degrees but maybe it did. Maybe I will try it again this summer when I have more time to test.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i have been bowhunting for over 23yrs. And with out a doubt this is the best hunting arrow rest i have ever used!

Quick Reply: whisker bisket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.