Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Questionable picture

Old 11-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Questionable picture

I grew up in SE Oklahoma, and it has long been reported that some big cats roam that corner area of OK, TX, AR, LA.
I now live in IN, but a relative sent me these pics and said that they were taken by a deer cam in Clarksville, TX (NE TX area).
While I believe that there are some big cats in that region, this pic doesn't seem to prove it.
First, the deer looks like a Muley, not a TX whitetail, and second, though it is night time, the landscape doesn't exactly look NE Texas.
What do you think?
If nothing else, it is one interesting photo.
BTW, the deer carcass found not far from there.

Old 11-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Questionable picture

Its a fake. I was on another sight where they had the same pic of the cat ready to pounce saddam instead of the deer.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Here is the second pic.

Old 11-30-2004, 03:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

That deer is a muley and the tree is a Ponderosa pine(i think) the picture has been circualated widely and it from just about any state you can name.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Doesn't surprise me that it is a fake. It was sent to me by a relative that doesn't deer hunt. When I first saw it, my initial reaction was, that ain't no whitetail tail! And I didn't think the pine tree or scrub brush looked right either.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fake or not its still an interesting pic!
Old 11-30-2004, 04:00 PM

It's been claimed to be from numerous States. I think on one of the other forums recently it was from Oregon or Washington. Bottomline cropped photo.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:20 PM

First time I've seen the picture, that's awesome
Old 11-30-2004, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have seen the same pic but with an Elk cow! Whoever did it sure is good!!!!!!![:-]
Old 11-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Regarding the first picture of the cat "preparing" to take down the unsuspecting mulie... uh, not likely. If that photo was genuine, the cat would be nothing but a blur where shown in that image. The assault would have been launched from a greater distance and the cat should be at full speed considering the range "captured" by the camera. It's also very unlikely that the mulie would not have heard a field mouse, let alone a mature cat, creeping up on the terrain depicted in the photo. Bah. Picture number 2 is interesting as well... since the cat has midget sized legs. Or is it standing in quick sand? That's just a poor attempt at photo editing IMHO.

Quick Reply: Questionable picture

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.