Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whens the best time to bow hunt?

Old 11-28-2004, 04:50 AM

Default whens the best time to bow hunt?

hi, my nam eis chris and i'm a bow hunter.
i need to know if it is better to bow hunt in the morning around rut,
or in the afternoon in rut. please reply

thank you
Chris.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: whens the best time to bow hunt?

Any time during the day is good when the buck's are in rut ,I find that in the morning and early evening the doe's and fawn's and younger buck's will come out first, and the bigger buck's alway's come out last. During the mid day is when you want to hunt the bigger buck's because they'll be out in search of a doe in estrus,checking bedding area's and other place's that doe's would be found.

nubo
Old 11-28-2004, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whens the best time to bow hunt?

First off,welcome to the board BowHunter4596.
Like nubo said anytime during the rut is a good time to be out,reglardless morning or evening.If you go in the morn ,watch for travel corridors to bedding areas,and in the evenings watch open fields,pastures,wherever the deer may be feeding.I personally have more luck seeing deer in the mornings because my stands are placed in funnels .The deer are feeding in the fields at nite and wandering to there bedding areas allowing me to see what deer are using the area and usually wondering under my stand.
Again just being out anytime during the day might prove fatal to some big buck wondering around looking for a doe in estrus.Maybe try a doe bleat,buck grunt or even rattle some antlers mimmicking 2 bucks fighting.Any buck in the area might hear this and come running in real quick so be ready.
Personally I like the morning better but thats just me