Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many bows do you have?

Old 11-29-2004, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many bows do you have?

I thought you disappeared
Nah, buckeye... Just took a break for a spell. One can only take so many 'carbon vs aluminum vs feathers vs vanes vs duals vs singles vs foodplots vs feeders' threads before going bonkers.[8D]
Old 11-29-2004, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many bows do you have?

I currently have 5 compound bows.
Arthur has given you some great advice.
I also like to look at the resale side of it, I like to choose a bow that will hold a good resale price if I should choose to sell it. for example if you shop around on some of the sites such as Archerytalk.com Classifieds you will see that Mathews Bows seem to hold there resale value.
And yes you will find that you will usually have a much more difficult trying to resale a Used Target Colored Bow.... especialy if its a womens bow.........Supply and demand set the tone and there are fewer women than men shooting competition.
I also like to buy a bow that can be set to shoot for a man as well as a women with as little cost, time and work involved..... such as you just need to swap out the Cam Modules to ajust the draw length.... etc.
I dont want to limit myself to trying to resell the bow to just a one sex market. I also try to stay away from the pink bows, Ive seen a few guys with the pink bows at the big 3D Tournaments on the State, National and World level Competitions that I compete in.....but not to often do the men choose pink as their target color bow of choice.
I shoot up to 60lbs.... makeing the bow more attractive to resale for a man wishing to shoot a little less poundage, a growing teenager or a women whom is shooting the 50lb range and wishing to increase her poundage.
Just reality that there are more men than women archers so I have a better chance of selling the bow to a man than a women..... the men have the #'s in the buying market.
Shop around and try them out and you will find the bow that fits you best and meets your requirements.