Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doesnt anyone bohunt smallgame???

Old 11-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Doesnt anyone bohunt smallgame???

I've hunted rabbits intentionally with my bow and have also taken several small game and upland birds while archery deer hunting. I will rabbit hunt again but I miss my beagle I had to put down, he ran them perfectly for slow moving bow shots.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:48 PM

I used to shoot quite a few rabbits and squirrels with a recurve bow. I now use a compound and have gained the confidence I need. Now I pass on most everything except whitetails and fox.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have gotten few rabbits so far. Its pretty tricky out here because of open ground. I took a shot at a squirrel while one day camping trip with my sister and nephew. I am not sure if i hit it because my arrow broke in two (it hit a rock) and even though i couldn't find blood, i couldn't find the killing end of the arrow either. My guess is maybe i hit it and it crawled into its hole (which was at base of the rock it was on) so i just put that as a possibility although one that will be never confirmed [:@]

Sorry to hear the loss of your dog Rob
Old 11-23-2004, 07:28 PM

I carry a field tip in my pocket for small game. When I've been on stand for several hours and start getting antsy, it's squirrel/rabbit/possum/chipmunk/fox/bobcat/coyote hunting time.

Keeps me sane...