Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why I Love Bowhunting!!!

Old 11-24-2004, 04:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Why I Love Bowhunting!!!

I was thinking the same thing while sitting in my stand the last afternoon of bowseason (gun opened the next day). Listening to crack after crack from guns being sighted the last hour of daylight before the opener! Then you hear a 4 wheeler zipping by on the neighboring property. Next you hear some hammering echo through the woods as people are doing last minute repairs on treestands. It felt and sounded like a community getting ready for a war or natural disaster was heading our way. So I sat there and had the same feelings you had. This just aint' right. Definitely like night and day IMO.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Why I Love Bowhunting!!!

I agree to the "T"!!! Bow hunting affords us so much time in the woods, its like, its like.... I don't even have words to describe the whole phenomena. Its physical, mental, spiritual, psychological. Defiantly a way of life. Gun hunting season is so insane with all those "pumpkin" hunters wearing their blaze orange all over town, in the bars, fill gas. As bow hunters, we'd never think of wearing our camo in smelly area's like that!

Then all the time and enjoyment we get from off season shooting... Your right we better keep information like this to our selves and our children, however the dedication and patience it takes to keep at bow hunting will keep the numbers down no matter what. But I think we do need to protect bow only seasons and regulations at the state level.

Just some rambling from another dedicated bowhunter...