Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keith Warren

Old 11-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Keith Warren

He was saying the first thing you should do when you get in your stand is to put some deer scent on your fletch and shoot at something on the ground
That's what he did ? LOL What a idiot.Guess he didn't have time to do it after walking the 20 yards after he got out of the truck.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Charlie P
He's hunting some high fenced place in Texas,Hidden Springs Ranch,and telling everyone how inportant scent control is. Then he gets dropped off at his stand in a truck literally at his stand. The place has a 10-1 Buck to Doe ratio. That's 10 buck to a doe.
LMFAO, He's hunting a fenced ranch with that Buck ratio and he's pictured shooting the smallest doe in history.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:36 PM

Driving a truck to the stand has little to no effect on the deer. Most the time I will walk around with a 50# pound of corn and sprinkle it out just before I climb up to my stand. I know my scent is all over the corn and the ground where its laying, but the deer still come out and nibble on it.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

You call that a deer ,I don't care to watch show's of hunter's hunting deer farm's .These guy's have the nerve to call themselves professional's LOL. My 7 year old could hunt there and score . And he's hunting with a crossbow at that.LMAO

nubo
Old 11-23-2004, 06:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

know my scent is all over the corn and the ground where its laying, but the deer still come out and nibble on it.
They must be used to human contact then I thouight you said the deer on your ranches were wild.
From another thread.
It just seems like the deer down here dont associate the smell of humans with danger, as long as they dont see you then you should be fine.
Sounds you've domesticated your deer herd sorta like cattle.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I honestly had to quit watching the outdoor channel for the most part. For me there is nothing satisfying in watching someone kill some monster buck or bull that demonstrates the behavior of a domesticated animal.

The public land animals I hunt would all be dead if they were as uneducated and tolerant as some of the animals I see on hunting shows.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:48 PM

I watched him go to some game farm where he sat in a house, yes house, and then proceeded to miss a nice deer 3 times with a scoped rifle. They went out the next day, and the scope was right on. At least he had the balls to admit he just missed instead of blaming equipment or something. It was a pathetic sight though. Nothing resembling hunting.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:11 PM

Charlie P:

They must be used to human contact then I thouight you said the deer on your ranches were wild.
They are wild animals. But they dont associate human scent with danger, mainly because they dont have every bubba walking around trying to kill them. As long as the deer dont see you move, then your alright most of the time.

Sounds you've domesticated your deer herd sorta like cattle
If allowing deer to mature, and not killing everything that moves is your defintion of "domesticating" then yes, I'm guilty of that.

If some of you guys would get away from that over hunted public land and get out and see some wild, untouched land you will find that out for yourself.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:17 PM

The public land animals I hunt would all be dead if they were as uneducated and tolerant as some of the animals I see on hunting shows.
You guys crack me up. I hear the same crap over and over on alot of different hunting forums.

Alot of you guys actually seem to believe that in order for a buck to be considered a "Trophy" he must live on public land, be chased from valley to valley during hunting season, have 15 guys shooting at him, and must be killed by 1 1/2.

Some of you guys need to back away from the over hunted public land. There are so many stupid post about this topic that it really is insane. Some of you public land hunters just bring a smile to my face when I read some of the uneducated post you all make.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Besides being a drug store hunter he has the most annoying, whiney voice that I have ever heard. I believe I'm going to be sick!!!!

Quick Reply: Keith Warren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.