Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big Buck

Old 11-18-2004, 08:20 PM

Default Big Buck

Guys been hanging around here for awhile, but never posted. Here's the story last weekend I arrowed a once in a lifetime buck in the Panhandle of Oklahoma. I didn't realize just how big he was till everyone that seen him was freakin out over his rack. My brother's buddy green scored him 194 net, and the Okalahoma state record is 185. I know it will shrink some after it dries out but alot of people are thinkin it will break the old record. I guess my question would be is there anything I need to do, or anyone I should contact? I've also heard if it breaks the record there could be many perks that go along with that. If you've been in this position or have any advice I would appreciate it. I will attach the picture as soon as figure out how to do that.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:34 PM

Default RE: Big Buck

If it were me Id call the local game warden, or who ever is an official scorer in your area,, and have it scored by someone who is certified to do so,, Then you will have an idea if it is a contender of any kind,, then the local official may have some advice on what you should do next.. Ive read several stories about experiences like that getting really aggravating to the person who took the deer,, such as rumors, accusasions,etc.. As soon as you get some pics, post them we would definitely like to see him,, and congratulations to you for the buck of a lifetime.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:38 PM

Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll contact the game warden. It looks to be a waiting game for at least 60 days till it can be officially scored.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:45 PM

Hey blackhatch. If you email a picture of the deer to me, I'll post it for you.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:51 PM

Sounds good Jimbo, I not much of a computer whiz how do I get your e-mail?
Old 11-18-2004, 08:57 PM

blackhatch... you should be able to get an idea of what he will score while he is still green,, yes he will shrink some,, but a green score will tell you if he is for sure close to any kind of records.. keep us posted.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:00 PM

Appreciate it guys I don't want to keep you guys hanging I need some help posting this picture.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:15 PM

blackhatch,, if you email it to [email protected] ill try to get it on here,, if i can.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:32 PM

Thanks Angus I sent you the picture, let me know if it got to you.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:39 PM

got the email,, but there was no pic in it,, it didnt attatch for some reason,, try it again,,

Quick Reply: Big Buck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.