Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting or marriage?

Old 11-27-2004, 05:31 AM

Default RE: Hunting or marriage?

My wife is pretty cool about my hunting, I am lucky.
I work 300 miles away all week,drive home on Sat night getting home between 9-11pm.
Every Sunday during season it's up at 3am,shower,get ready and leave at 4:30am. My best hunting ground is about an hour and 15 minute drive into NE Iowa.
I hunt all day and get home about 7pm.
I am off on Mondays so I get up at 4am and go hunting the morning closer to home.
I then spend the rest of the day with her.
Tuesday morning it's back up at 3am,leave at 4 and drive 300 miles back to work.
We have been together for 5 years(seasons).
She know how nuts I am about hunting so she usually doesn't have too big of a problem with it.
I get the "the only reason you come home is to hunt" once or twice per season but that's about it. She knows that's not true(well mostly!)

Today after work I'm headed home for one last hunt before the shotgun hunters have the woods for 3 weekends.