Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting or marriage?

Old 11-19-2004, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting or marriage?

My wife knew when she married me what i was about! This is my time of the year! The rest of the yr i can work around what ever she wants to do! In the first few yrs. She had no idea just how much i loved this stuff. But it did not take long for her to come around. I think it`s just that were showing attention to something else other than them? And it really does not matter what? [&:]
Old 11-19-2004, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

My wife is pretty good about it year after year. I do get the "you are never home" thing at least once this time of year but we hash it out and I reasure her that she and the kids are first and foremost to me. She knows that hunting is my passion next to my family so things usually go my way at this time of year as long as I spend the needed time at home. Heck, my oldest boy talks about hunting all the time so soon it will be him and I in the woods all the time and shortly after his little brother so mom will have some free time to do what she wants!!!
Old 11-19-2004, 07:27 AM

My wife would make the decision for me....."Stay and get him!!!!". I am very lucky that I married a girl who knows how much I love hunting. I do make time for my family during deer season, so my wife is understanding when I go hunting. Plus my oldest son is 8, and he has gone with me a couple of times. My wife hardly ever says a word about my hunting. I guess she figures the faster I fill my tags, the faster I can get to the "honey do" list!!!
Old 11-19-2004, 08:29 AM

Ive only been married two months but so far she has been pretty cool about me hunting. My biggest mistake was getting married on the opening day of bowhunging!!
Old 11-19-2004, 09:33 AM

Fieldmouse,

Did you need to ask? I hope your wife isn't computer savy or the water will be hot

C definately and then blame it on the traffic.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

hell my girl gets mad if i don't go out and shoot a deer.........................bob
Old 11-19-2004, 10:34 AM

My fiancee practically pushes me out the door. She wants venison
Old 11-19-2004, 11:04 AM

I'm in the same boat brother..I am outta town all week working construction, then I'm hunting all weekend. I have a honey-do list a mile long!!! I use the famous line "I'm doing it so you'll have meat". That never goes over to well but she'll get over it. My inlaws dont hunt so I think they think I'm an @ss hole for being gone all the time. Till you been there you just dont know. But all and all I manage to keep myself outta too much hot water! Now my wife decides wants to take up the sport.....I think its a conspiracy!!

On the serious side tho....I told my wife from the first date on that I was a big hunter, and she might as well kiss me goodby from oct thru dec. She understands but just gets alittle fussy about this time every years cause I REALLY get hardcore!! I do always manage to set aside time for the wife and kid. Now when my son gets alittle older we'll BOTH stay in hot water!!
Old 11-19-2004, 03:54 PM

I am going to add an option and pick D. I consider myself an extremely lucky guy because my girl loves to hunt as much as I do. So my option would be to invite her and if she can't make she tells me to kill one for her.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

As long as i'm not on a hunting trip, almost every-time I've been hunting, my girl gets dressed in camo and sits in another stand on the same tree and video-tapes me.(Only have one bow-kill on video this year though) Can't beat that! She enjoys the outdoors and being with me at the same time. At least that is what she says...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.