Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting or marriage?

Old 11-18-2004, 04:22 PM

Default RE: Hunting or marriage?

Tell her what i do, I say this is the best time of the year is" ThisWeek", and i cant miss thats when they breed !!! and hopfully you wont be like the Deer and go one year without breeding yourself!
l
Old 11-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Some different advice. What are your priorities? I'd Honor my wife. The best way to do that is spend time with her. If you have been gone that long, spend the day with your wife. Taker her out. Treat her well. Chances are good you'll get plenty of hunting the following days. Good Luck.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Heck, my wife bout pushes me out the door. I could complain all day bout her but not in this respect. Now the boys are bigger (6 & 8) they can come one at a time if I'm goin to the blind. Oldest was wth me & seen a turkey come n to maybe 15 feet. Told me theyre alot bigger with feathers & feet than they are at the store. Kids are great.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:11 PM

I would def be huntin.. If a women comes between something you have a passion for then shes not much of a partner.. I mean you might have what 3 months of huntin but a supposeded lifetime with her.. I mean you have the rest of the year or whatever that you have to put up with what she wants so she should do the same for you if not,KICK HER A@# OUT THE DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fieldmouse!

I keep telling my wife that this is the best week to get out all season long ,and I'm in the samre boat . The wife is getting a little ticked at all the time I've been spending woith my other girlfriends{the doe's } she keep's coming up with new job's that need to be done NOW and I keep putting them of and telling her that we got all winter to get them done.LOL But I too just seem to have this problem and go hunting instead .So I'd definetly pick option CCCCCC

Go hunting she'll only be pi$$ed for a short while

nubo
Old 11-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Its hard choices like that that make me i'm glad i'm single
Old 11-18-2004, 09:44 PM

man o man, i think i may just go ahead and ask my wife permission in that situation to stay a little longer and put on my best little boy charm. 'please, please, they're just now starting to move and i just want to take this one more chance. if you say yes i'll take you to your favorite restaurant sunday night and we can have a romantic evening.' i've found if you use the word romantic, though i know not what it means, it increases your odds.
the blowing off thing isn't good. you want to take every opportunity to not put wedges between your wife and you're hunting. know what i mean. blowing her off, you'll pay for it one way or another and it'll probably end up costing you more hunting time than you gain.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Typical Buck

My first question is this.......did you hunt BEFORE you met your wife?? If so, it will prove my next point...."Men marry women hoping they won't change....WOMEN marry men believing they'll change them!" I've been going hunting since I was 6 years old with my dad, and I still love it to this day. As was stated in an earlier post, hunting is like the first time every time b/c you never know what's going to happen. I told my FIRST wife that I hunt and fish a lot, and I couldn't be with a woman unless she could accept that...she said, "I can live with it, at least you're not in a bar all the time." Well, shortly after we we're married(Aug.) bow season opens and I ask if she minds if I go...."go ahead and have fun" but I was the biggest bastage in the world for it. If a woman TELLS a man to go do something he loves AND have fun doing it, do they really think that we're going to analyze the tone of their voice looking for a hidden message?? LMAO I DON'T THINK SO!! That is why she was my first wife....GONE!
My fiance NOW....what a woman! At the end of our first date, she asked what I was doing the next day. I said I was going to go shoot the archery course at my club. She blew my mind when she asked if she could come along.....I was speechless as it never would have crossed my that she would want to going back to my experience from my first marriage. A month later, I bought her a bow as a gift, and never looked back. She's had a couple of near misses, but hasn't been able to get a kill under her belt yet...I can't wait 'til she does!

Back to your question.....go home tonight. Tell your wife that was a bit stressfull and it would be nice to get out in the woods to a bit of RELAXING bowhunting! If she TRULY loves you, she won't stand between you and something else YOU love. If nothing else, use the excuse I use......I'm home all summer on the weekends,(after Sat. A.M. golf) and winter after the seasons close....we have all kinds of time then, and half of that time you want me out of the house anyway!!!! hahaha
Old 11-19-2004, 12:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I cant believe men ask their wives for permission to hunt
I would go hunting and bring the deer home ,pull it up on the porch and say here you go ,Hang it up and skin it, There is plenty of the room in the freezer.I'm goingf back out Dear.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cardeer
I would go hunting and bring the deer home , pull it up on the porch and say here you go ,Hang it up and skin it, There is plenty of the room in the freezer. I'm going back out Dear.
HA HA HA thats EXACTLY what i said the first week of the season when i bagged my doe... youre alright cardeer, no matter what the admins say, youre allright

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.