Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews Switchback.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default Mathews Switchback.

Well, here it is. The much talked about new bow from Matt. You can view it yourself here....

http://www.mathewsinc.com/v2/home/pr...oCatalogID=367
Old 11-16-2004, 12:41 PM

Default RE: Mathews Switchback.

man that looks awsome, I have owned nothing but mathews for 12 years and currently have an lx, I may have to check on the switchback in the offseason, sell mine and get one.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:27 PM

after shooting mathews all my life i switched 2 years ago i felt that they had great inovations aned then they finnaly just stopped first year it was limb pockets last year it was a new grip? are you kidding me, but looks like they did it again that switchback looks awesome but really all they did was copy a bowtech and put a mathews label on it, mathews are great bows im not saying there not but, i think matt is out of inovation, but i belive the sales will be up this year compared to the last too looks like he has a real nice bow ther with the switchback!
Old 11-16-2004, 03:35 PM

Doesn't look like a copy to me. Looks like a replacement for the Legacy i have though.

1" shorter axle than my Legacy, 1/2" shorter braceheight, the limb pockets and centerline grip and what seems to be a kick arse but mostly round cam assuming to have straight nock travel and a gain of 10 fps ibo rating....yeah, i might sell my Legacy for this bow. If i can get away with it financially i will. They are gonna have a hit, it has all the right numbers in my book. I was lookin at the outback, same speed, shorter ata and the limb pockets and centerline grip being the only differences i just couldn't bring myself to say i wanted it bad enough to upgrade the Legacy...this bow does though.

Looks to be the bow to have for 05...now how the heck will they top that for 06?

It looks as though they took the best of the LX, Legacy and Outback and made it into the Switchback. Heck of a good idear. Not as stubby as the Outback or as long as the LX...right close to the Legacy. Not quite as aggressive a brace height as the LX and gave it the new limb pockets and grip that the Legacy doesn't have...and of course the new cam. Its the new and improved Legacy and the best looking 'hunting' bow on paper in the line up. Say buh bye to the Legacy imo. I was wondering when they were gonna upgrade the Legacy with the limb pockets etc? Now i know...

B
Old 11-16-2004, 03:52 PM

switchback looks awesome but really all they did was copy a bowtech and put a mathews label on it,
Only on this forum.................LMAO !!
Old 11-16-2004, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: CBM SC

switchback looks awesome but really all they did was copy a bowtech and put a mathews label on it,

I promise....it's not JUST this forum!!!!!! I've read this rediculous comment on two other forums besides this one. Pretty funny, I must say. It's the Ford VS Chevy war of the hunting world!

j
Old 11-16-2004, 04:03 PM

No doubt. There is gonna be some serious bow envy going on with this new switchback out, lol.

B
Old 11-16-2004, 04:46 PM

I shoot an LX and am seriously am considering the Switchback, I already have a buyer for the LX if I want to sell it!
Old 11-16-2004, 06:12 PM

ORIGINAL: CBM SC

yeah if its not BOWTECH here its just an imitation....lol

Mathews kicks A** [:-]
Old 11-16-2004, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: justhrowit

It's the Ford VS Chevy war of the hunting world!
Would that make Hoyt the Dodge of the hunting world? lol

Quick Reply: Mathews Switchback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.