Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For anyone who butchers their own deer

Old 11-15-2004, 10:25 PM

Default For anyone who butchers their own deer

All I can say is WOW!!

Just bought and used a LEM .35 HP meat grinder for the first time today and I can't believe we used to use that stupid hand crank POS.

Did all the grind for my brothers doe in 20 minutes. That included corse and fine grinding and bagging. This thing is freakin awesome. Grinds the meat faster then I can get it in the chute.

Came with 4 different sausage stuffers too.

$250

WORTH EVERY PENNY

What's even better now is when and if I run out of grind (always do) I can always just grind up some of my cuts if I want some burger for chili or pasta...........and I don't have to get out that arm breaker.

Hell........if I get 3 deer this year (1 down already) I think I might grind the whole thing just so I will have enough for all the jerky requests through the year.

Man this is gonna make processing a whole lot easier. Usually the guy that got stuck grinding was not too happy..........now that will be the easiest job of all [8D]
Old 11-16-2004, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For anyone who butchers their own deer

YEAH, i gotta get me one of those darn things... Maybe next year..
Old 11-16-2004, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me and the guys were talking about getting one of those a few years back to make our own burger,sausage etc but it never happened,maybe one of these days.I cut up my own deer and send the rest of the deer meat to the butchers and get it done there,the guy is a good friend and it dosn't cost a dime
Old 11-16-2004, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

No point in getting one if it dont cost you a dime...That Dime could be used to help pay for your GASOLINE , you know those prices are never gonna DROP
Old 11-16-2004, 07:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like a worthwhile investment. I have been doing my own deer for a few years now and have been relying on my father's meat grinder. It is somewhat dated so maybe it is time for an upgrade.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:41 AM

My family got ourselves a meat grinder this year, I believe a .5 hp and it works great! We don't have a single complaint. I got three deer that we ground everything up except the tenderloins and the backstraps and the process was done in no time. A friend also got a deer and came over and in no time had all his meet ground perfectly. It made grinding the meet almost fun! Great investment for any venison lover!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:32 AM

I don't really know what the deal with the Horsepower ratings is.

There were plenty of grinders that were rated as higher horsepower then the one I got but they were half the size and made from cheap plastic.

The LEM grinder was far and away a better machine. The grinder weighs about 20+ lbs and is in a solid steel case with a 2 year factory warranty.

I am pretty loyal to the theory that you get what you pay for. I didn't trust the look and feel of those other grinders that supposedly put out more horsepower.........they just looked like a POS that wouldn't last very long.

I don't want to be buying a new grinder every other year.

I am so fired up over this thing I am looking into some sausage recipes so I have an excuse to use it again [8D]
Old 11-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been thinking about getting a grinder for some time now, but was convinced that it would be a waste of money. After listening to you describe how easy it is, I'll definetly be checking into where I can get one. Here in my area it costs approx. 65-70 dollars to get a deer processed. So that grinder should pay for itself in notime. Another benefit as you said, is that if you need more ground up, you can do it at anytime. Thanks for sharing that atlas.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:20 PM

This looks like a great product I think that I will look into it

thanks,

Tim
Old 11-17-2004, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

My wife got one for xmass last year that attaches to her mixer. The mixer is an industrial one like you will find in restaraunts & such. Works great. I just ground up the front half of a small deer day before yesterday & turned it into chili.

Quick Reply: For anyone who butchers their own deer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.