Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WV bow kill, PA looking great

Old 11-15-2004, 09:00 AM

Default WV bow kill, PA looking great

Filled one of my 2 WV buck tags Saturday.

As it was breaking daylight I was headed back a dirt road to see if I could catch some bucks chasing does across the fields. Well it was still pretty shady out and I see 3 deer running at me. They get broadside about 20 yards. The first 2 are does and the last one a shooter. I used my black light to charge my pin up then turned it out. I pulled up and drew back and I could see perfectly through the peep. I placed the pin behind the front shoulder and squeezed. My arrow hits a damn high tensile fence in front of me and the arrow sails high. The buck runs a little bit thens tops to see what had happened. I knock another arrow and tried again. This time I hit just a tad bit back, I think I got 1 lung. He tried to run but then started walking. 10 yards later he stops and just stands there. I'm waiting for him to crash but nothing, he's just standing there acting all dizzy. So I knocked a third arrow and placed this one perfect. Double lung, he trotted a little bit then crashed. Decent 9 point with 13" spread.

Now after all this excitement it is still the last day of archery at home in PA, so I figured I'd ride around on the way home and see if I can see any bucks chasing and maybe find a place to go for the opening day of rifle. I ended up seeing 13 bucks that I know would score between 130" and 170". This whole time I have no intentions of shooting anything, just scouting. Well as I'm driving past the very tree I hunted the first day of PA archery a really relly big one chases a doe across the road. This is the one I believe would go at least 170. He had a forked back tine and he was at least a 12 point. I yanked the truck off the side of the road, grabbed my bow, and chased him down through the woods. He was so interested in the doe that he never saw me. I chased him probably 100 yards down through the woods when he stopped. I peaked up over bank to see him facing directly facing away from me at 20 yards. I figured EDITED DO NOT BYPASS WORD FILTERS i'll shoot him EDITED then pump another one in him. Just as I draw back the big EDITED turns around and sees me and off he goes. My heart sank but I will be ready for him in rifle season.

I will upload pictures as soon as I can get them under 100K, having trouble though.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:02 AM

Default RE: WV bow kill, PA looking great

OK, here are the holes my 3 blade mechanical Spitfires punched for all you skeptics.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:03 AM

Notice not many arrows left, lol.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:04 AM

last one

Old 11-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice,yep them spitfires do work,And if you seen 13 buck in Pa. you better get there and sleep over.The sightings of deer in Pa. in general this year is really down.You might have 10,000 hunters around you. My butcher said him and all his buddy butchers are doing only half of the deer they did last year up to date.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: cardeer
And if you seen 13 buck in Pa. you better get there and sleep over.The sightings of deer in Pa. in general this year is really down.
I hunted here last year the first day of rifle and there were 2 other guys there. They saw nothing, we killed deer. It is unlikely that they attracted anyone else. Overall saturday I saw about 30 bucks riding around in 1 county all afternoon. I said that 13 of those were trophies. Maybe the deer are getting better at hiding because I've never saw so many. I believe the antler restrictions are working.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats, you had a great day. Nice buck too bad you didn't get his big bro too.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

He's a fine looking buck congrat's to you jhalfhill. It's also a great story hopt you get the big fella .

nubo
Old 11-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jhalfhill

I yanked the truck off the side of the road, grabbed my bow, and chased him down through the woods. He was so interested in the doe that he never saw me. I chased him probably 100 yards down through the woods when he stopped. I peaked up over bank to see him facing directly facing away from me at 20 yards. I figured f*ck it i'll shoot him up the ass then pump another one in him. Just as I draw back the big bastard turns around and sees me and off he goes. My heart sank but I will be ready for him in rifle season.

Are you serious about this? Chasing him down? Shooting him up the ass?
Old 11-15-2004, 01:42 PM

LMFAO!

Quick Reply: WV bow kill, PA looking great

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.