Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mechanical broadhead

Old 11-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default mechanical broadhead

what mechanical broadhead have you found to be the most effective? im looking for good blood trails (ill b using 100gr) and ill be shooting carbon express terminator hunter arrows 60-75LBS through my rage with a WB rest.

also does anybody have any suggestions for a pendulum sight? im looking into the cobra view master deluxe. i havent shot a pendulum since i got my rage and am considering the cobra.

thanks in advance,
shootem
Old 11-11-2004, 05:54 PM

Default RE: mechanical broadhead

I shoot scorpion xp's 100 gr., shot my buck this year with one. He went about 15 yards than died. They work great, but there are a lot of great mech's out there, its pretty much up to you.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:08 PM

Just started using mechanicals this year so I can't speak about other brands, but I'm using the 100gr SpitFire. They fly just like field points and they don't have any rubber bands to break or slip off. Practicing I've had to start shooting every arrow at a different spot because even the little bit of blade that sticks out was cutting the fletchings of the other arrows. Havn't killed a deer yet this year but I did shot a running fox from a tree stand at 30 yards. All three blades expanded perfectly and on exit the blades completely gutted him......completely!! Very accurate and very leathal
Old 11-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot 70lb with carbon express and find the the rocky mtn. gator xp work great. No bands or o-rings. Huge cutting diameter and pack a punch on big deer. Good luck.

Kelly
Old 11-12-2004, 01:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Spitfires work for me.I'm satisfied .
Old 11-12-2004, 04:26 AM

I have to put a vote in for Rocket Steelheads. I've shot 4 bucks 2 does 1 fox and 1 turkey with them over the past few years and haven't lost an animal yet.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using 100gr Shockwaves ever since they came out . I have taken many deer with them and have yet to loose one. they fly just like my fieldpoints. They also have left a great bloodtrail which in reality I didnt need due all expiring within 50 yards.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like vortex minimax , have had good results with them , another passthru this year , with a 2" hole . There are many good one and some bad ones . Mathch the haed to the energy your bow is putting out and youll be fine . 5shot has a wealth of knoldge on his website about this .

Heres a link
http://www.american-hunter.com/broad...dhead_test.htm
Old 11-12-2004, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grim Reapers....Scorpion XP's....Spitfire's.....all work great.
Old 11-13-2004, 02:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lot's of good ones around. I suggest you take a look at a lot of differnt heads and see what fit's your needs. Also take a look at my website, www.broadheadtests.com and read through the mech vs fixed and tuning sections.

Quick Reply: mechanical broadhead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.