Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How often do you purchase a new bow?

Old 11-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How often do you purchase a new bow?

The past few weeks I've been getting all excited while looking into all the new 05 bows that are coming out. But then I stopped and said to myself "What am I doing? I just got a bow 6 months ago and I've only killed one deer with it. Why do I need a new one already??" In the past I've had my bows for about 5 years before I've decided I needed a new one. Now it would seem that I'm getting addicted. This could prove to be a very bad thing for my checkbook.

So I pose this question to you - how often do you get a new bow? Every year because you're a junky and need to have the latest and greatest? Every 2-3 years when yours starts feeling a little old? Every 5 years when your buddies all start making fun of you? Or do you shoot it until the limbs fall off?
Old 11-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How often do you purchase a new bow?

I bought 4 bows for myself in the last year. I have since sold all of them except for the Patriot.

I have sold around 15 bows on AT this past year too.

03 BowTech Extreme VFT
04 BowTech Mighty Mite VFT
04 Hoyt Xtec
04 BowTech Patriot VFT
Old 11-11-2004, 04:10 PM

I'm on a 3 year schedule now that you bring it up. My first bow was a used pse and it didnt seem anything close to current speeds and it was a right hand bow and I'm a lefty. I could make it shoot well but I bought a left handled one the following year. Since then it has been pretty much 3 seasons each.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every 2-3 years.....and I'm due for a new one before next season.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

lol , i used to change my bow when i lost faith in the bow, then about 4 years ago i had to have the best and newest, i just bought the mathews outback and i love it but if mathews comes out with something better i might jump on it , if your check book can handle it why not have the newest and best ? but then again im just a junkie like you so who cares what i think lol
Old 11-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Anytime the wife goofs up and she thinks I'm mad.Gives a good excuse to buy something new. Got to use your head
Old 11-11-2004, 05:23 PM

I bought my first new bow, an Alpine, 5 years ago and just finally bought a new Bowtech this year. Not much to go by so far but as of now its every 5years.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bought my present bow in the mid 80's and have hunted every season and killed about 30 deer with it. It's a Pro-Line...thus the name. Like I've said, I would buy another, but I'd have to change my name then...LOL

I am a practical hunter. I buy equipment to do the job. I don't waste money on bows...I waste it on accessories. LOL

I am going to buy another and am looking for input....Don't know where I can find any, do ya? LOL
Old 11-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think Justin should stop spending his money on bows...YOU JUST GOT A NEW ONE![:@]
Old 11-11-2004, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

I bought mine new in 98'. Thinking about a new one for next year, don't know. I have taken 7 deer with it and I really have no complaints. The one prior to that I had for 10 years.

Quick Reply: How often do you purchase a new bow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.