Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How often do you purchase a new bow?

Old 11-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How often do you purchase a new bow?

You guys that one use a bow for a few years, obviously have too much money layin around or somethin. I've got a much better way to spend it....pay my tuition and college loans I've had my bow for going on 3 years now and dont see a new one in the near future anywhere unless somethin would happen to this one. (beofore that i used my dad's old PSE wich i think is close to being older than me) Do you honestly think that the next version of the bow you already have is going to make that big of an impact?? Its the guy shoooting the bow(not the bow itsef) thats using the precision and accuracy that he's gained through practicing with the bow. But anyway, if anyone would like to contribute to the "Brett's college fund" just let me know
Old 11-11-2004, 07:53 PM
c j
Typical Buck

But buying a new bow is fun.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd like to change every year, but that's not too good for the married life LOL.I would likely have to agee that every 2 or 3 year's .

nubo
Old 11-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to change every year, but that's not too good for the married life LOL
You got that right!

I used to get a new one every year. Now that I'm done with the 3d tourneys and leagues I made my last purchase strictly based on what I want in a hunting bow and something that will last. It will be my last purchase for awhile.

Maybe
Old 11-11-2004, 09:10 PM

I'm on my 5th bow, primarily because I started hunting at 12 yrs old and kept outgrowing them. My first bow that i thought that i was going to have for a long time was my Mathews Legacy that I bought last year. I missed several deer and couldnt hold a good pattern with it. People say it's the shooter not the bow but I never had this problem with previous bows. This year I'm experimenting the the BowTech Samson Extreme and so far I love it. I can group it and it shoots great distance as well as fast speeds. I plan to keep this bow for a long time. My advice to you is shoot them all. Find the one that you feel most comfortable with and feel confident that you can shoot and stick to that bow.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I think Justin should stop spending his money on bows...YOU JUST GOT A NEW ONE![:@]
I think you need to keep your mouth shut. As far as you know, my bow only cost $200 and I've had the same one for years! [:@]

Old 11-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every 2 to 3 years. I'm on the third season with my Bowtech Patriot and I love it! I might just get a new Patriot. Its just to darn fun getting and setting up a new rig!

Good Luck!
Old 11-12-2004, 08:17 PM

I would still be shooting my first bow if my wife hadn't made me go get a new one! Long story, but I don't think I will be buying another one for a while---I would say 5 or 6 years....
Old 11-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well in 14 years of bow hunting i went through 5 bows....so i guess about every 3 years i get a new one.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:39 PM

Whenever you do not have the confidence you need to place the shot!
If there is a question in your mind on where you are going to hit.
It is time for a new bow.
Otherwise I keep shooting the same equipment- as long as 4 or 5 deer are in the freezer each season.

Quick Reply: How often do you purchase a new bow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.