Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you eat on stand during all day hunt?

Old 11-05-2004, 09:30 AM

Default What do you eat on stand during all day hunt?

Just wondering what you all eat on stand during an all day hunt? I'm getting ready for this weekend where I plan to sit all day both days. I have thought of apples, and maybe PBJ, but am concerned about the odor of the peanut butter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:54 AM

Default RE: What do you eat on stand during all day hunt?

Ive ate PBJ Ham and Cheese...and have never had a problem. When I make up the sandwichs I rap them in wax paper then put them in a small plastic lunch baggie.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Trail mix and granola bars. Bring an apple to suck on. Work as a good breath cover scent!
Old 11-05-2004, 09:59 AM

PBJ and candy bars. I have 3 sandwiches made now for my all day Saturday hunt. The candy bars are good for in between sandwiches plus they give you an energy boost. Apples would be good. Take about 20 up with you and throw the cores around your stand. Is that considered baiting? The hard part is trying to keep the noise down while you unwrapping your food. I use zip lock sandwich bags that make a little noise, but not that bad.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I take a bottle of water every time I go out. If I'm stayin all day, I'll pack a couple. As for eats, I'll bring some granolla bars, some fruit (usually apples), and a couple of ham and cheese sandwiches. This usually can tide me over till I get home.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

am concerned about the odor of the peanut butter
deer love peanut butter.

All day sits I'll pack some granola bars and apples sometimes some vanilla wafer cookies. Just enough to hold me over so I don't pass out and then chow down when I get out of the woods.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

[/quote]
Take about 20 up with you and throw the cores around your stand. Is that considered baiting?
I like to fill my backpack with apples then I forget to zip it all the way. OOPS apple trail right to my stand!!!!!!LOL
Old 11-05-2004, 10:41 AM

Pack deer jerky. That is if you even have some left from last season. As you take your last bite, it should help you focus on taking another animal so your supplies don't get this low again.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:34 AM

usually deer jerky, however I need some more burger! Otherwise Granola bars and apples. I do hear trail mix is good.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

Deer do love peanut butter, so I don't think that p-nut butter will scare them. I take apples, pbj, and candy bars. Sounds like a repeat from everyone above, but that is what I do. I always pack 2 or 3 bottles of water too. When I have to pee, I just use the empty bottles.

Quick Reply: What do you eat on stand during all day hunt?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.