Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois Rut?

Old 11-05-2004, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Illinois Rut?

Seeing any bucks chasing does yet? I have noticed alot more scrapes and rubs lately, but not seeing any action yet. Anyone else?
Old 11-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinois Rut?

none chasing but they are starting to move... i saw two bucks on my way to work, at 5:30 am. both about 100 yards apart. not to bad either one at least 6 pointer the other was a fork...

cant wait... seeing more and more scrapes, and trees messed up!
Old 11-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Shot one last night with a thick neck on him. Tarsal glands were not dark as they get yet. Grunted him in though and 2 others followed. In addition, Tuesday night I heard some grunting and chasing through the standing corn. Next week will hit hard I figure.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-05-2004, 10:26 AM

I've seen a few bucks scent checking does. A few small chases going on. Its starting to heat up good now. I think the next two weekends will be good ones. I'm going to do an all day sit on sunday. Hunt hard.

RBBH
Old 11-05-2004, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have seen 2 or 3 bucks chasing does hard. then i still see some bucks in small groups. IT is getting ready to get really hot, really quick!!
Old 11-05-2004, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seeing some bucks (forkys & little 6s) after does in open area-Does just trot off when they come their way. Soon, the big boys will be comin out. Did see 1 real nice 8 last week. I am right on the Ill./Iowa border (NE Iowa) just 1/2 hour from my Born & raised Ill. home.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 6 scrapes with rubs being routinely tensed behind my stand at 30 yards.
I made a mock scrape about 1o yards in front of my stand... last night I had a nice buck coming to the general area but he turned to travel away so I doe bleated and grunted... I thought he left but soon a small doe came running out of the thicket behind me and ran to my scrape and stood in it smelling the Tinks Doe in Rut scent I put in the scrape.... I soon noticed the heavey main beam buck in the thicket where the doe had come from... So with the doe in my scrape in front of me I used her as a decoy and doe bleated and grunnted some more.... Soon the buck was directly behind me in the thicket at 30 yards looking for the doe and buck that were calling, I heard him grunt 3 times.......... but it was to thick and I had no shot.... my husband watched 2 shooter bucks traveling the same area towards my stand together the night before..........he watched the larger of the 2 bucks tend a scrape and licking branch.... He did a light rattling session and grunting with doe bleat but got no response..... I did see a bearded hen wild turkey at 50 yards through my bino's, thought it was pretty cool but she never came close enough for a shot
Old 11-05-2004, 02:50 PM

Just seen the first chasing today, lots of sign of bucks chasing does. I jumped a small buck and a doe bedded together this afternoon at 12:30pm. I followed their fresh tracks through the mud.

Tomorrow morning and Sunday should be awesome, and next week too!
Old 11-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Illinois Rut?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.