Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best bow

Old 11-05-2004, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default Best bow

OK, so here's a post that's going to get alot of opinion and has no right answer, but I'll ask anyway.

What do you consider to be best compound bow ever made? I don't even mean the best one out there for 2004, but just a bow that set such great standards for the industry that it'll go down as a milestone in archery.

I've heard people speak about the Mathews FX specifically, and would like to know why this was considered one of Mathews best bows.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:20 AM

Default RE: Best bow

Geez there are so many great bows out there. It mainly depends on your preference and to tell you the truth I couldnt pick one out of them all as the best.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

How about the best shooting in terms of smoothness and consistency, not necessarily a speed demon.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Mathews and I don't like the FX. The Legacy had a lot of innovations and is still pretty popular. I shoot the LX and it is not much different than the Legacy.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:31 AM

The FX was Mathews bottom end bow. There was really nothing special about it. I owned a few years ago. It didnt have the parralell limbs. No harmonic dampers. It was just a simple 34" 7 1/2" brace bow. It was very light and a pleasure to pack around. I had to send mine back. The limbs werent cut out wide enough. The cam started leaning and actually almost started to touch the inside of the limb. The cables were wearing like crazy. However i sent it back through my dealer and mathews put new limbs on it. Didnt take no time either. I was very satisfied with their customer service. I dont think there is a best bow out there. But for hunting i like the 33" and under A to A bows. I think a longer brace is important especially when its cold and you have heavy bulky clothing on. For me the best hunting bow ive came across is the Bowtech justice. i own it right now. However I also think that any bow with a larger brace height and short A-to-A is a perfect hunting bow. Im not brand loyal. Ived owned all of the big 3.(Hoyt,Mathews,bowtech). Theyve all been great bows for me.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know about the best but this I sure like this Merlin Max 3000!