Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My biggest buck to date

Old 11-02-2004, 05:34 PM

Default My biggest buck to date

Well i shot my biggest buck to date a week ago and am just now getting a chance to post it. I went out with a friend who had a video camera and decided to set in a fence row that divided a clover field and a huge thicket. He was out to shoot a doe and i was going after a buck. Well 5 pm comes around and we hadnt seen anything when all of the sudden i look out in the feild and a doe and her yearling are standing thereshe walks right up and my buddy shoots her throught the lungs she runs off in the field and dies over a little hill about half an hour later we are sitting there i look over and there is a buck standing in the thicket. I grunt to him and he starts shredding everything within his reach. Well after tearing up about every tree in the thicket within that 20 yard area he decides it is time to go out in the field and inspect the intruder. As he steps through the fence i come to full draw and at 15 yards i shoot and got heart and both lungs he went 30 yds and piled up. The buck is an 8 pt. 18 in. wide with 9 in g-2s est. score is around 120-125". My fred bear Vapor bow did the trick. The best part about this is my buddy got the whole sequence on tape. I am 18 and he is 17 definately one of the most memorable hunts i have ever been on. And definately my first bow hunting double
Old 11-02-2004, 06:14 PM

Default RE: My biggest buck to date

Good job hope you have many more hunt's of a lifetime
Old 11-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is GREAT! What a story!

You could hunt the rest of your life and not repeat that trick.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

cool, would love to see the vid, best of luck on the rest of the season.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Way to go
Old 11-03-2004, 09:00 AM

congrats! lets see some pics
Old 11-03-2004, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW-Great story. Nothing like taking a nice buck! And the way it happend is a memory you will never forget! Congrats!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like an awesome hunt. I'd love to video a hunt with my brother or friend.
Brian
Old 11-03-2004, 09:35 AM

What a hunt. Those hunts are the one that last a lifetime. I'd love to see the footage if you get it published.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations to you and your friend on a successful hunt!! It's rare that you can go out together and both harvest a deer. That's a great story and one memory I'm sure you'll never forget.

Quick Reply: My biggest buck to date

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.