Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I would rather spend $500

Old 10-27-2004, 07:52 PM

Default I would rather spend $500

I would rather spend $500 on a hotdog then buy one more thing from my bowshop![:@] I am so PIS**D! I brought my brand new Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter rest to my "pro shop" and had them install it a month ago. I paid $20 to get it put on! I take it home and shoot a couple of times and get tons of contact. Today I notice that my rest is 1/2" to the left. I can shoot dead on at 10 yards, but if I back up to 20, I will shoot left. I notice that the felt is coming off on the rest from contact. The shop has my rest setup so that it is fully up 5" before the end of the draw! He cut the string too short. I took it in to fix it and try to unscrew the rest to get my center shot fixed. He glued the screw in! I cannot get the screw undone since it is stripped! How do I get it out! Looks like I'm out this weekend for sure. I need another string, screw, and pro shop! I am going to get a bow press. Which one should I get. Price is not an issue since I would rather spend $500 on a press than spend $0.02 on my shop![:@]
Old 10-27-2004, 08:02 PM

Default RE: I would rather spend $500

I can't understand how it has taken a month for you to figure it out. You should have been noticing the misalignment when you first tried it out and then took it back. And oh, BTW, don't take accessories you didn't buy from the shop to them to put on. They don't give the best service when you do that.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:12 PM

I noticed it the first shot. I just didn't think about it. If I shoot dead on at 10 yards, I should shoot good at 20, right. WRONG! If my arrow is pointed left and hit dead on at 10 yards, they will hit left at 20.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:29 PM

Man i would take it back in there and demand them to fix it and fix it right .you paid the money make them redo it ,throw a fit you u have to ,but dont do anything to get yourself in trouble (boycot, picket the store) something happen to me like that one time and they said that they couldnt help me well i sent a friend in on time milling around and asking questions ,i had him ask if something went wrong with the equipment would they fix it because hehad herd that they wouldnt , he then told them that he couldnt but anything there because he didnt trust them ,the thing is if they think they are going to lose biz then they will take care of it .
Old 10-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it were me Zak, I would raise holy hell with them to fix it.

On a side note, I just happen to have a $500 hotdog for sale
Old 10-28-2004, 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: zak123

I noticed it the first shot. I just didn't think about it.
WTF?

If I shoot dead on at 10 yards, I should shoot good at 20, right. WRONG! If my arrow is pointed left and hit dead on at 10 yards, they will hit left at 20.
Did you not practice past 20 yards the last month? Sorry man, but you need to shoot the bow at all possible shooting yardages so you can test all the accessories; (Sights,rests,peeps,string loops, etc.)
Old 10-29-2004, 05:35 AM

As soon as I got it I checked the centershot. It was off, but I grouped great. I only shot at 20 yards then. I moved up to 10 yards and shot right. That's how I found out it wouldn't work.

I do practice at all yards. I shot at 20 a couple days ago. I will not shoot 30 in my yard. I shoot that in the woods. I hit dead on at 20, but when I shot at 10, I hit right. Since I only shoot at 10 yards (That's as far as I can see it's so thick) I figured I should keep my 10 yard pin on. I thought about it and decided to fix my problem.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

Zak,
here is what i woudl do, call them stop by or what ever and then tell them that if they dont fix it you will buy a chicklen costume and stand out side with a sign saying that they screwed you and you woudlnt shop there... 5 minutes of that and they will be having you in the shop giving you coffee, and fixing your bow...

plus its holloween, chicken costumes are cheap

good luck.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:36 AM

I'd definately take it back to the shop and demand they fix it. Then I'd get a new shop or aa Apple Hercules Press. IMO it's the best for the money.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ainCatcat21424
Old 10-29-2004, 06:53 AM

I'm an ass when it comes to wanting my bow set up perfectly. When my bow shop doesnt do it right I head right back up and sit there and watch them do it until it's the way I want it. Remember you're paying for the service. Also, you said you paid $20 for them to put the rest on. It shouldnt matter where you bought it from. They should do a quality job if your paying them. I had a similar situation with my rest. They charged me $10 to do work. I got home and practiced for 30 min then I was right back up at the shop. When they see you come through the door with bow in hand they know they have been busted. Just make sure you stick around to watch what they are doing and if you have questions butt in and ask. That will keep em' on their toes.

If you have a quality bow shop then you don't have to go through all of this. My biggest suggestion is 1st find a bow shop you can trust. 2nd find the person in there who knows his **** the best and always always always ask for him. Know him by name and bring him a coffie one morning. Talk to him and start to learn from him. This will make the relationship happen and he will feel good to have a customer and a friend. That way when you walk in it's not like "ohhhh hell here comes that freak again" it's more of " hey Chuck have ya killed that monster buck yet? What are we lookin for today?"

Quick Reply: I would rather spend $500

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.