Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the deer are all over the place at nite/evening

Old 10-27-2004, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default the deer are all over the place at nite/evening

Well, I've been out 4 full days and a couple partial days. Seen 2 deer and very little sign. Actually I have seen about 50 deer, except it has been a nite going to my camp or in the evening on my way home!!!!!

Lots of deer all over, but not on my watch. Gets a little frustrating, but the rut is around the corner and I am hoping for some good sightings this weekend. Might start pressin' with some calling & rattling.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:53 AM

Default RE: the deer are all over the place at nite/evening

Just be patient. We have full moon this week so the deer can see very well at night. Also if your weather is as warm as ours is here in Georgia that will play a roll also. Last week I saw 6 come out in the last 5 min of useable light. Also, are you hunting in a field or in woods. If you are in the woods your cutting your light by about 8 minutes. As the evenings get colder and the moon goes back in hiding, the deer should come out earlier. Just my 2 scents worth.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:44 AM

[&:] Hang in there doughboy, i am having the same problem. I think like you that as soon as the rut starts they will hopefully move around more before darkness falls.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:16 AM

Doughboy........ I feel your pain. I hunt in Conklin, NY. I've been out four days and have seen NOTHING in shooting light. But I know they are around. My drip bottle scrape has been hit a lot and I know the deer use my area. Keep the faith, brother. Our day is coming !! Send me a PM if you want to.