Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Video ??

Old 10-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Video ??

Any of you guys video your own hunts? I have pondering the thought of getting a mini dv recorder and try to video some hunts and whatnot! Is it hard to do? Any tips would be cool! Thanks!
Old 10-26-2004, 06:47 PM

Default RE: Video ??

Ive been videoing my hunts for a couple years now,, and yes it is pretty hard to get good footage,, but it is worth it,, i usually video myself with a camera mount on my stand,, it gets difficult to make sure the deer is centered in the camera,, and get the shot off too, but ive got some done. If you can have someone else video for you it is so much easier cause you can put all your concentration on making your shot,,, but the downfall is that you have twice as much movement,scent, noise,etc etc. I find it hard to find someone that is willing to video instead of hunt themselves,, but if a buddy fiulls his tag he will do it for me.. I enjoy it so much and like to go back and watch the hunts later,, if I were you id try it out, youll probably enjoy it. Good Luck.