Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Questions about Binoculars

Old 11-15-2004, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Questions about Binoculars

Justin,

Like Rick I am curious to what you ended up with. I ended up taking the Pentax back a few days after I posted my previous comments. The brightness levels were excellent but the clarity wasn't as good as what I was accustomed to. After further "testing" I ended up with a pair of Bushnell Legend series in 8x32 and I am entirely happy with them after a week of hunting. They are actually very handy in overall size and design. Brightness levels are comparable to the Monarchs but with a slightly different color "tone". The Monarchs tend to give me a bit of red/orange for an overall hue while the Legends seem more green/blue. Both are excellent in overall clarity with at least above average brightness levels.

The Mossy Oak camo covering looks nice too.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just got off the phone ordering a pair of Burris Landmark ll's in 8x42. They will arrive too late for this weekends hunt and I will be going to the Carribian for a week at Thanksgiveing so it will be a few weeks before I can try them out.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't have time to read all the posts, so this may be irrelavent, but for the money, I spent 249.00 on a set of Leupold WINDRIVER 10x40's. I live and hunt in a rather wet and foggy region in Northern Idaho. The clarity and fog resistance of these binocs are pretty impressive for the money spent. I have had cheaper, hated them, tried out more expensive and didn't really see a difference from the windrivers. Best of luck

Troy