Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Dad's 9pt. Nice PA buck

Old 10-26-2004, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Dad's 9pt. Nice PA buck

My Dad taught me long ago to hunt and fish and unfortunately, work and 2 small children don't allow me to hunt like I used to. I wouldn't trade the time with my wife and kids for anything but I do hope that someday my son will enjoy the sport with me.

However, my Dad still archery hunts every day of the season and I look forward to the calls and details of each hunt. Over the past few years he has harvested some nice looking bucks. This year he took his 40th deer, a great looking 9pt. I can't tell you how excited he was when he called me Saturday morning. At 8:30am I heard the phone ring and saw his cell number on caller id. I answered the phone, 'How big?' His voice told it all. He said, 'Den, you aren't going to believe it when you see this thing.' So he proceeded to tell me how he just got in the woods, said his prayers, talked to his Dad (who passed many years ago and taught him to hunt), when he looked out and saw the nose of a deer in the brush. He grabbed his bow off the hook and as soon as he saw the antlers he new it was a shooter. He grunted and the deer stopped and he made a nice clean ethical shot. He found him piled up 60 yards away. The deer dressed at 197 lbs. He is a 4 x 4 with a kicker coming of the base of the right antler about 2 inches. It lays right along it head and you can just see the tip of it by the base of his ear.

So here's my Dad, with 40 deer under his belt still smiling and as excited as if it were his first.

Old 10-26-2004, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My Dad's 9pt. Nice PA buck

red X
CAn't wait to see this thing.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is great! Congratulations to your Dad. That is a beautiful buck.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:48 AM

Great Deer and congrats to your Dad. I sure would love to see my 40th Deer look like that!
Old 10-26-2004, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really enjoy pictures of guys in their old school military camo - proving yet again that you don't need anything fancy to harvest a nice whitetail. Although I do see that he's shooting a Hoyt. Good man.

Congrats to your dad, that's a great buck.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice buck for sure
Old 10-26-2004, 10:35 AM

Nice buck big tines!!!
Old 10-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is a nice buck and a great picture. Thank you for sharing....and everyone could learn, that's how you smile in a picture....perhaps Beatty should have taken lessons.[&:]

Thanks Pops423
Old 10-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats. I'd love to see it. I don't see a picture or a red X, though.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

Nice buck and congrats to your dad.

Quick Reply: My Dad's 9pt. Nice PA buck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.