Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How important are rubber boots

Old 10-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How important are rubber boots

Rubber is our friend, insulated rubber is our best friend.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:25 PM

I usually just dump a bunch of paint behind me. That way it masks the scent and makes the trail easier for the deer to follow!
Old 10-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-26-2004, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

I wear the rocky ( buckstalker ) rubber boot with thinsulate. Very Very warm Best boot Ive ever owned. I agree with what some were saying about the rubber smell. I hang mine outside after each use and since ive been doing this I dont smell the strong odor of rubber. I also have a pair of lacrosse rubber boots that I use for scouting. I use the rocky boot for hunting only
Old 10-26-2004, 07:51 PM

I've always used insulated rubbers in the cold part of the season and liked the fact that I could walk through serious mud and water with them and they didn't bog down. I know some non-rubber boots are "waterproof", but they get muck all over them. With the tall rubbers nothing sticks. After sitting in the pouring rain last weekend in wet cordura/leather boots, I bought some Lacrosse Burly psort uninsulated tonight for $85. I can't wait to try them out they feel awesome! Not like them rubber boots of old.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

Have a pair of Lacrosse Burly 800, work great. I put coon pee on the soles before going into the woods, and I leave them in the back of my truck until I get to the place I am hunting, then I put them on. Have no complaints or cold feet here.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as a neccessity, I think rubber boots aren't.

I don't wear them, and I see plenty deer...but I can see how they can accumulate odors after prolonged periods of use, so switching to any other type of boot would probably be wise.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

my problem with rubber boots is they don't last. My goodness, they all crack in the same spots on the front at the top of the foot. I've gone threw 2 pairs in the last 2 years. I'm done with them. I cannot understand how they all say 'scent free', they have more of an odor after 2 months use then my leather rocky boots after 3 years. Yes, i've taken big whiffs of both.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoyed some of your thoughts on the topic and I will go with some of the ideas thrown around in here. Always a great source of information! I know my boots are on the ripe side and I always here about rubber, boots that is!
Old 10-27-2004, 05:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I use rubber boots, but they aren't a cure all save all, you still need to be meticulous about getting scent on them.
I tend to agree with this statement and will use mine up until the temps drop to below 40 overnight. Then my toes tend to get cold sitting in the morning.

Now take this with a grain of salt. I was never a "huge" believer in rubber boots but the logic behind them does have some merit. This year I bought a new pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly Sports...went with two sets of antimicrobrial undergarments and started to use that Essence of Fall Scentblocker spray. I have seen more bucks this year...and more bucks up close than in previous years. Is that the result of my new scent practices? Possibly, but then again our deer management program changed about three years ago and I should be seeing more mature bucks on a regular basis.

For what it is worth I will continue to use this new scent management "program."

Quick Reply: How important are rubber boots

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.