Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Noisy Wisker Biscuit

Old 10-25-2004, 05:56 AM

Default Noisy Wisker Biscuit

My wisker biscuit is too loud. When I draw back it's like scraping two bricks together. I checked to make sure the hole is loose arround the arrow and it's fine. I would like a rest that is silent. Anyone have any ideas how to either quiet down a biscuit. Or a better rest to use?

Thanks.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:49 AM

Default RE: Noisy Wisker Biscuit

I've never heard of the WB being loud. Just hang in there, there are many WB users here that should answer your questions
Old 10-25-2004, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

Stalker22, If your looking to dump a WB I'm a worthy candidate that will pay for shipping!

Old 10-25-2004, 08:22 AM

What type of arrows are you using. I've heard some people have loud bisquits due to some rougher carbon arrows... Just an idea!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:56 AM

I'm using gold tip cammo hunters. I truly don't want to switch rests. I've been very pleased with my set up this year but I don't want to take the chance of scaring off a deer cause my rest is loud. I'm considering switching but I really don't know what I would switch to.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

i also had this problem, my solution was to put a light coating of vasoline on the shaft of my arrows and also some on the whisker biscuit itself
Old 10-25-2004, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Stalker22

I'm using gold tip cammo hunters.
Are these arrows fairly textured. That is probably the cause of the noise. Beman ICS hunters / ventures (the black ones) are really quiet in these rests. They have a smooth low friction coating.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:30 AM

I've never put vasoline on my shaft. jk but I'll try it. Techy how do those bemans shoot for you? Good? I've never tried them myself.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same problem...noisy as He** when i draw...im shooting carbon express terminators sure wish it was i could fix it. might have to try the vasoline trick.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:06 PM

i had the same concerns about my WB when i first bought it. it will quieten down some after you shoot some arrows through it. i've taken two does this year....one at 34 yards and the other at 12 yards. neither of them heard me draw my bow. it was a very calm day on the second doe. i was so scared that drawing the arrow would alert the deer, but she didn't even raise her head.

i do know that camo arrows make more noise than arrows with a smooth finish. i'm shooting 2213 xx78 camo arrows. i wipe them lightly with armour all's towelettes and let them dry a couple of days before i take them to the woods. that helps!

good luck!

Quick Reply: Noisy Wisker Biscuit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.