Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Noisy Wisker Biscuit

Old 10-25-2004, 08:08 PM

Default RE: Noisy Wisker Biscuit

WB's are not silent. They can't be. A deer at 10 yds with no wind blowing could very easily hear the arrow running over the bristles. I have heard also the camo carbons are noisier through them than the regular carbs. You may want to try some Axis arrows. They are are small diameter and glossy. No vaseline gonna ever be goin on my arrows!
Old 10-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

This sounds like a real serious problems. I know here in Wisconsin during the late season bowhunt in Dec., there are evenings where I am afraid the deer are going to be spooked by heavy breathing because of the combination of a quiet evening and the deer being rattled from the nine day pumpkin hunter (blaze orange gun hunters) season! I was considering a WB, but I'd need to hear a better resolution to this problem then rubbing vaseline all over my arrows!
Old 10-25-2004, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I killed 2 mature does last week and I use a WB Q2 rest, Easton Excel carbon arrows and neither had a clue that I was anywhere around when I drew my bow. I hunt from a climber tree stand at 20 feet high and 1 doe was taken at 10 yds. and the other at 12 yds.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

I'ts the camo on the shaft.

I can shoot my sons Gold Tips, the solid black ones, and they are silent. My camo arrows made a little noise when drawn. I took some very fine (600 grit) paper and water sanded my shafts. It will remove a little camo but not enough to worry about.

Use caution not to go too deep or in one spot for too long as this might make a weak spot. I did mine and have been shooting hard for about three months with no problems.

They will quiet down on there own in time if you shoot a lot but this just helps it along.

As for the Biscuit, In my opionion, It is the best HUNTING rest out there.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:59 AM

I too have a WB. I think it is by far the best arrow rest I've ever used. This is my second season with it. I have no problems with the noise. I will suggest to make sure you are using a Q2 biscuit - the two colored one. The bristles are still black on the bottom but it will quiet down after shooting some arrows through it.