Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHats the BEST Barometric Pressure Range .....

Old 10-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHats the BEST Barometric Pressure Range .....

ORIGINAL: adams

I found your answer in T.R.'s Whitetail Addics Manuel. ,....it was between 28. + and 30.+ ". The study had been done by a biologist named ken something.

More info to follow later.
I'm interested in hearing this also. If it does say as low as 28" then there is proof he doesn't know what he's talking about. Barometric pressure that low will put you in a major hurricane!
Old 10-25-2004, 08:29 AM

Here it is as quoted from T.R. Michaels "Whitetail Addict's Manual"

"Hunters claim deer also feed heavily prior to a storm. Illinoin biologist Keith Thomas found that the highest amount of whitetailed deer movement and feeding activity occured when the barometric pressure was between 29.80 and 30.39. Durring my study I found no correlation with the rising and falling barometric pressure. I did find that more deer were seen when there were abrupt barometric changes. Deer were frequently seen feeding after storms let up, espically if the storm lasted a day or more. I found no evidence that a deer began to feed prior to the arrival of a storm, Suggesting that they knew a storm was approaching. I suspect that at least some of the increased deer movement associated with barometric pressure changes is a result of the changing of the weather conditions that accompany barometric changes, such as increasing clouds, temprature changes and changes in wind speed and direction"

For those of you who may not know who T.R. is I'll be the first to say he's a wealth of information. I consider myself a fairly seasoned whitetail hunter and learned quite a bit from his manual. Unfortunately I don't have the time to do the research that T.R. has so the money spent was well worth the time he has invested.

****disclaimer****
I am in no was associated with T.R. aside from being a completely satisfied customer. If you're interested in the "Whitetail Addict's Manual" you can find out more at

http://www.trmichels.com/

They also happen to be onsale at the moment.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

For those of you who may not know who T.R. is I'll be the first to say he's a wealth of information. I consider myself a fairly seasoned whitetail hunter and learned quite a bit from his manual.
I second that.