Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

EBAY

Old 10-21-2004, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default EBAY

If you guys knew exactly what bow you wanted to get. Would you take the chance and buy one off of ebay?
Old 10-21-2004, 09:23 PM

Default RE: EBAY

Actually when I switched for right handed to left handed shooting ( eye dominent problem) I bought a bow of ebay and as long as the seller has alot of positive feed back then I would say yes as long as you know it will fit you also ask the seller a few questions about the bow just so you know he knows what he is talking about I came across a seller that didn't know if his bow was left handed or right handed after claiming to have shoot many of times. When I bought the bow of ebay I was worried because it was my first buy but things went really smooth and fast. Good luck. I would always recommend go to a pro shop first and ebay last resort.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

Oh yeah i definitly would go to a pro shop first, but it seems like you cant beat the prices online. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:53 PM

I bought my bow off ebay, just as it was pictured and descripted. I have bought many things off ebay and havent got burned...yet.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've done a lot of purchasing on ebay, if you are careful about the items you buy and the sellers you buy from you should be just fine. Actually just purchased a Legacy for my roommate last week.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:12 AM
Spike

My best friend and I both purchased our bows off of ebay. However, a good idea is to know exactly what you are needing such before your purchase. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:16 AM

I've sold five bows on ebay. They were all either brand new, or used one season. They include the Legacy and LX, the past two years and I will be selling my Outback in November. Like to do this so I can get a new bow every year. So, my response to your question would be, absolutely. Often times, you can get a bow completely outfitted with everything for less than a new bow. Just make sure that there are positive comments about the seller and ask questions if you are not sure.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:24 AM

I bought my Firestorm lite of ebay brand new as a left over from a dealer about 80 miles from my house. I saved over $100.00 and meet a good guy in the process. When I picked up the bow he invited me to join in his league and to shoot with him. Unfortunately his league was centered farther from me then his shop was so it didn't make sence to drive 100 miles to shoot.

Bottom line, if you know exactly what you want then go for it. Always remember to check feedback though.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have bought a few bows off of Ebay...not recently....and was totally satisfied with my purchases. I also sell bows on Ebay on a regular basis. They are usually my "test bows" that I buy, test and sell each year when the new models debut. On only one occasion did I run into any type of problem with these transactions (close to 90 now if memory serves me) and that was several years ago.

Be careful what you buy there but rest assured that there are some very reputable folks that sell bows on there as well.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure I would push a new shooter to ebay. First there's more to setting up a bow then just getting a bow and buying some arrows. [&:]

And before the flamers get started, I don't own or work at any archery pro shop. I just think it might be worth a few extra bucks to buy from a pro shop. If something goes wrong, or you need warranty work, he'll be more inclined to help you if you bought the bow from him. They can help set up your bow and accessories properly. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: EBAY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.