Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

chew in the stand?

Old 10-20-2004, 07:10 PM

Default RE: chew in the stand?

You think new Timber Wolf peach would attract deer???? lol.. I dont know how you guys swallow, gross.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always chew while huntin doesnt seem 2 bother them a bit. I spit right on the ground. I have been chewin Twolf Peach this year during hunting season smell doesnt seem to bother them one bit...
Old 10-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I always try to take a spitter but never have noticed negative effects.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:57 PM

Shot a 175 and a half inch buck with my bow with a lip full of copenhagen and a spit puddle under the stand so the chew stays in for this guy.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im glad someone brought this up... I chew Grizzly wintergreen like a bandit and when im sittin up in my stand, my lip feels empty.... I just might have to bring my can with me in the morning!!
Old 10-21-2004, 09:06 AM

I always have a lip full of Copenhagen or Red Seal, and I have never known of it spooking deer. I spit on the ground some and swallow some.
By the way, I have tried Skoal Vanilla and I personally think the it is nasty. The apple is pretty good though.

If I didn't have a lip full, it would probably through off my anchoring point!!

Good luck and be safe
Old 10-21-2004, 09:15 AM

You guys go to your deer stands, take what ever you want with you. Do what ever you want when you are on your stand.

If you start seeing a lot of deer and they are staying about 40 to 50 yards away, then you are doing something wrong. If you are hearing the deer snort and blow and not seeing them then you are doing something wrong.

So, as you eliminate what your are doing wrong, you will then know what you can and cannot do on a deer stand.

Big hint. Just to get ya going. Sitting still has a very large impact on deer behavior.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sitting still has a very large impact on deer behavior
does standing have a very large impact on deer behavior as well?

just kiddin bees
Old 10-21-2004, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

I admit to having the nasty habit. Grizzly wintergreen is cheap, so I chew it and spit right down below the stand. This year had a fawn bed within 5 feet of my stand. Next time out had a doe go to where the wad lay and nuzzle it around. Didn't bother her but she kept sneezing/couging for minutes after. Laughed so hard I almost gave my position away. Guess she prefers Skoal.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:25 PM

I've been chewing stand for years and haven't seen anything negative happen from it yet.

That's a good story there wideone. lol

Quick Reply: chew in the stand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.