Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

favorite game poll

Old 10-20-2004, 12:36 PM

Default favorite game poll

I would like to know what everyones favorite game to bowhunt is and why. personally my fav is Elk because I like to stalk and call big game like that then very close second is deer because deer are fast cunning animals whos senses are very tuned, and deer season for me is enjoyable because I get to sot in the woods alone with only me and my thoughts and on a good day some deer too. love it, other than that I haven't hunted any other big game yet. went for hogs once very nerve racking when close to 250lbs of very mean solid power.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:42 PM

Default RE: favorite game poll

I'm a whitetail guy. I'd chase them every day f my life for the rest of my life if I could.

I'd like to try elk hunting as I love the mountains. Unfortunately we don't have any mountains over 6288' here in New England so It'll be a few years before I can afford to chase elk out west. I'd also like to arrow a brown bear at some point in my life and maybe a mountain goat. But if I never get the chance I'll be happy trying to figure out the whitty whitetail.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:49 PM

I live in Saskatchewan,Canada and it may get cold in the winter up here but during bow season its nice and warm also living here gives me the oppertunity to hunt most of the game I desire all within 3hours from me, like Elk,deer,bear,moose,mule deer,antolope, its fantastic no mountains just forest north and wide open mule and antolope land with little creeks and buck brush for cover.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

I've chased elk in the rockies, turkey hunted successfully with my bow many times, but to me nothing beats hunting white tails with a bow. Whether peacefully sitting in my stand or lurking on the ground, the pure joy of the hunt hasn't been matched yet. My wife can't understand how I can spend so many days in a tree with "nothing going on". You just have to be there I guess.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a whitetail guy myself. However I've been wanting to try my hand at bear and elk hunting for a few years now. Getting an elk license here in PA is like hitting the lottery. (literally! ) If I can find a good location I might try bear this year but next year for sure.