Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are You a Bowhunter or Archer????

Old 10-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Are You a Bowhunter or Archer????

I am an Archer. I wouldn't even flinch if the took my hunting from me. I shoot archery because it's in me to do so. I don't even care if they took every bow off the market cause I'd make my own.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:45 PM

I would strongly consider myself a bowhunter. I've hunted deer for a long time but i've only bowhunted for a couple of years. I get my bow out about July and try to get where i can hit a tennis ball at any given range out to about 40 yards. I don't trust myself beyond that point. Excellent post, very interesting topic.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with huntingbry's post. I am first and foremost a bowhunter. I shoot a bow inorder to be proficient enough to kill animals with it. I enjoy shooting but it's all about the hunting to me. Without the hunting it might as well be darts or ping pong, that's just how I view it. I do shoot consistently but my passion is the scouting and the hunting. I suppose it's to each his own.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

I am a hunter. A rifle-hunter, shotgun-hunter, muzzleloader-hunter, and bow-hunter. I wouldn't consider myself an archer or a shooter. The weapon is simply the tool and I make sure my tools work very well. My groups may be as tight as an archer or shooter but that simply gives me more confidence in the field. I don't really care whether it is 1 MOA or 1.5 MOA group because at any range less than a half mile that animal in the sights would still be dead.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I just wanted to kill animals, I'd get myself a job in a slaughterhouse. So, I'm one who would still shoot my bows even if there was no bowhunting, and be happy as a clam. IMO, there are bowhunters and there are guys who claim to be bowhunters. I wish the true bowhunters would get involved in archery as a sport, so there would never be any question about being proficient enough to kill an animal.

I wish the wannabe bowhunters (the ones who head out to the woods and fling arrows at everything that moves, proficient or not) would grow up or go find something else to do.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I started out as a bowhunter years ago and have evolved into an archer.
My first bow was a crossbow. I just wanted to be able to "bowhunt".

After 2 seasons with the x bow I bought my first compound and have never looked back.

I shoot alot of 3-D tournaments each spring and summer. If bow hunting was taken from us I can honestly say I would still shoot my bows. I plan to shoot the IBO national championship triple crown this year. I expect to place well also, I am shooting for top 30-35%. That is my goal and I believe I can achieve it.

A once xbower turned archer here.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Bowhunter, strictly for the fun of it.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

At any given time I am either so I am both because I can be.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Started to be a bowhunter now I'm an archer who loves to bow hunt. I do most of my shooting in the winter & summer months with my target bow. I don't shoot that much durring hunting season. Compaired of course to how much I shoot the rest of the year.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am definately a bowhunter. I've been out hunting over 13 times this season, which only started 18 days ago, and I have yet to shoot 1 arrow.

I practice throughout the year to shoot my bow as accurately as possible and although I doubt I'll win a 3d contest anytime soon, I'd put my archery skills up against anyone.

My passion is for the hunt, the bow is something I bring along with me. If I see a deer then I've had a successful hunt - I take no pleasure from the kill. When I lie awake at night I think about the deer and my setup and the weather, I don't ponder the perfect sight or dream of waxing my string.

I am a bowhunter!!!

Quick Reply: Are You a Bowhunter or Archer????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.