Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I`m a happy dad!!

Old 10-18-2004, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I`m a happy dad!!

My 9yr old son killed his first deer sat.10-16-04.We were sitting together in a two man latter stand opening day of gun season. And it is ether sex . At 9.30am a big doe walks by at around 40yrds. He only had a small opening to shoot through . I told him when she got to that opening that i would make a grunting sound with my voice and when she stops. It`s all up to you? When i grunted she stoped just like thought she would.He took aim and shot. She jump stright up in the air and kicked all four legs then turned and ran. But i new she was hit hard. LOL-he started shaking all over we waited about 15min then trailed it out to where she fell. I told him that i had dreamed of this day from the day he was born he turned and looked at me then gave me a big hug I am strickly a bowhunter now. But i would not have changed anything for that day. RTA47
Old 10-18-2004, 07:23 AM

Default RE: I`m a happy dad!!

Congrats DAD.........a big milestone in you and your sons life.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:32 AM

And another hunter is born

Congrats to you and your son. That's a moment I'm waiting for. In another 8 or 9 years my little guy will be ready for the woods. Have you tried to get him into archery? Bow hunting may not be a great first step but it dosn't hurt to get him shooting at a young age.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys!! And yes he is into bowhunting very much. He has had a bow much all his life. And is not a bad shot. I just don`t` think he is quite ready to be turned lose on live game just yet?? Maby next yr we can give that a try And good luck to you dads as well that have this day coming for you and your son as well.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:03 AM

That is AWESOME!!! I have an 8 year old son who loves hunting. I took him with me a couple of weeks ago. we didn't see any deer, but man I was exicited to have him in the woods with me. I hope to experience the same thing you did this weekend!!!
Old 10-18-2004, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! I can't wait for that day myself Probably another year or two...
Old 10-18-2004, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your son! I can remember my first deer like it was yesterday. I can't wait until the day I can take my son on his first hunt.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

RTA that's a cool deal. I hope when my son gets old enough he will like to hunt.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Im gettin all teared up haha, congrats
Old 10-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

way to go man, your son will forget alot of things in his life but this won't be one of em

Quick Reply: I`m a happy dad!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.