Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

West Virginians....Any Sign??!

Old 10-17-2004, 09:02 AM

Default West Virginians....Any Sign??!

Any of you guys seeing any rut activity yet?? I have seen a few rubs pop up, and maybe a tiny pre-rut scrape here and there. Are any of you seeing anything more than that?? Saturday's super wet opener ruined my hunt, I sat in the stand as long as a could take being bounced around like a ping pong ball in the wind. Then after trying a very wet stalk, I headed to the house without the first sighting. Man what a bad start!! [&o]
Old 10-17-2004, 04:58 PM

Default RE: West Virginians....Any Sign??!

C'mon now, I know someone has seen something.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:39 PM

I managed to stay out about all day, except for going in to eat lunch. I was in Ritchie Co. I didn't see any sign of rutting yet. It usually kicks in there early in November. I think that rubs and scraps will start showing up in the next week or so.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

seeing the same type of sign you are antler. but im not seeing much deer movement at all
Old 10-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen a few rubs but no scrapes at all. I look for them to start rutting by the 2nd week of November or at least that seems to be the case in the areas I hunt. Sometimes you'll find a few scrapes in late October here but they usually cover over with leaves and aren't active.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:33 AM

I'm still just seeing a new rub here and there...but for the most part no daytime rutting activity. Here in my area rutting activity ussually picks up this last week of Oct and activity gets heavier until the second or third week of Nov. I'm itching to see it happen. I hope we have a good rut this year. With lots of daytime rutting activity.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

A few rubs and the occasional scrape on one place I hunt closer to town. On the other property I hunt 20 miles west, there are scrapes all over, and rubs being made daily. (or most likely, nightly) I have seen quite a few scrapes the size of a bathtub already!