Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need help please

Old 10-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: need help please

M.T. Hands is absolutely correct a lantern is the way to go at night it show's blood much better and easier to see .But if you can't make it tonight and it rain's go back and get back up into your stand and try and visualize what you seen tonight ,get your friend to stand where you last seen your doe and go from there .If the blood is the colour you said then she won't be far away,but make sure you look under tree's and stump's because deer have a real good knack for tucking themselves into tight spot's after they've been shot ,I've seen this many time's I only wish I was there to help you out .Just make sure you look everywhere that you wouldn't expect them to be ,because that's where they will be.

nubo
Old 10-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

went out early this morning to try and retrieve her and searched for hours, but found nothing. Thought I hit her good too.

Jim
Old 10-17-2004, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

jim what i do if i lose blood is start making circles in the last area you saw the deer or last signs of the deer, make larger and larger circles, this has worked for me on several occasians, also like someone else mentioned it seems like they will burrow up and hide in anything, tops brushpiles a hole, anything. in the 25+ years i've been hunting i've only lost 3 deer. if you feel you've done all you can thats fine, and it does happen, many times they don't blead like what you think they should, or have read and seem to vanish, best of luck on the rest of your season.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

We all hate to lose deer ,but sometimes it happen's that's just how it goes .As M.T. has said if you feel that you've given your 100% then then fine, so it's time to go back to the drawing board and start over.
I know that every time I went back to that area I'd still look for her regardless because this would drive me nut's.

nubo
Old 10-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

well good luck finding it